Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lufthansa and customs  (Read 1203 times)

• Liked: 18
Lufthansa and customs
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:39 AM »
Has anyone flown their pets through Lufthansa to Heathrow? I'm leaving Tuesday, and I'd like to know if Lufthansa take care of customs or if I will need to do anything. And if I have to do it, what exactly am I doing? It all seems a bit convoluted on the HARC website. I assume that's to discourage people doing this themselves.
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Liked: 6111
Re: Lufthansa and customs
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:02:41 AM »
Has anyone flown their pets through Lufthansa to Heathrow? I'm leaving Tuesday, and I'd like to know if Lufthansa take care of customs or if I will need to do anything. And if I have to do it, what exactly am I doing? It all seems a bit convoluted on the HARC website. I assume that's to discourage people doing this themselves.

I did the move three plus years ago so I'm pretty rusty on the process (and flew with a different airline) but if you just mean the customs form, as opposed to all the other paperwork that the USDA is involved with, this is what you need. C5. You will need to make the declaration.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/import-and-export-bringing-your-pet-to-the-uk-from-outside-the-ec-c5

It's a good idea to ask both the airline and the animal reception center directly for guidance, that way you are less likely to make any mistakes.

Contact us

We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

To ensure that we provide you with the best advice, questions relating to the Pet Travel Scheme will only be answered via the contact us form. For all other queries please call 020 8745 7894/5.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/animal-health-welfare/heathrow-animal-reception-centre/Pages/default.aspx

Do you have all the USDA paperwork squared away?

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 08:36:23 AM »
I am getting the usda endorsement tomorrow on their paperwork, the vet had it all faxed over to have it approved first since I have to actually drive there in person, so that's taken care of.

I was reading on the HARC website and it said something about paperwork being brought to them, and then getting the final clearance to another area in the airport before I can pick up our pets. I will be calling them today so I can clear it all up and I'm also hoping once I have the endorsed health certificates that I can send it all over for pre-approval at HARC.
Married March 2007

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:41 AM »
The paperwork will actually travel attached to the crates.

Sounds like you have it under control!

Safe journey!  :)

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
Thank you! It looks like only United allow you to book pets yourself, every other airline required a 3rd party shipper. $3k later, we might just get this done!
Married March 2007

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »
Call Heathrows Animal Reception Centre tomorrow.  It will be well worth it.  If you ask, they may allow you to email your paperwork ahead, so you know it's okay.  They'll also talk you through what happens on their end.  They are really friendly and helpful.  They'll ease your concerns.  And by them having the paperwork in advance, it will help your animals clear faster!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab