Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Paper Formatting Issue  (Read 247 times)

• Liked: 4
Paper Formatting Issue
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:36:34 PM »
Hi again everyone,

I've found threads where this issue was addressed years ago, but not a recent one.

I have my biometrics appointment tomorrow, and in printing my application to bring along, I found the application looks different (barcode moves on to the next page, etc) when printing on standard US letter paper. I've tried changing my printer settings to A4 and also leaving it as US size and fitting it to page, but neither look right.

I've been driving around looking for A4 paper at office supply stores but it seems you can only get it special order and I'd need it for tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me if the paper size matters, and/or how you went about formatting it?

Thank you!

• Liked: 537
Re: Paper Formatting Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 09:38:02 PM »
Hi again everyone,

I've found threads where this issue was addressed years ago, but not a recent one.

I have my biometrics appointment tomorrow, and in printing my application to bring along, I found the application looks different (barcode moves on to the next page, etc) when printing on standard US letter paper. I've tried changing my printer settings to A4 and also leaving it as US size and fitting it to page, but neither look right.

I've been driving around looking for A4 paper at office supply stores but it seems you can only get it special order and I'd need it for tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me if the paper size matters, and/or how you went about formatting it?

Thank you!
Have you done the option where you tell it to fit on the page?

That's where I set it, you end up with a bit of a wide border on the right side but everything prints where it's supposed to be on an A4 page.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
Have you tried printing it on legal-size paper?
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »
I have tried setting it to fit to page, but everything looks a little scrunched then, including the barcode.

I could use legal paper but it's too big then.  I guess I could cut off the bottom but it's a lot of pages so I guess I wondered how necessary that would be

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 10:56:36 PM »
I guess what I'm wondering is, for those of you who submitted recently, did you use A4 or US letter size?

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »
Hello! I have my biometrics app tomorrow too and didn't think anything of the barcodes on their own separate pages. Does it really matter? I mean as long as it's included and it's scannable I'd assume it would be okay.... I'm currently playing around with my printer settings and it doesn't seem to make any difference. On the bottom of the PDF file it says they are on pages 3 and 12 so it seems like it's supposed to be printed out like that. Not sure though!

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »
Hello! I have my biometrics app tomorrow too and didn't think anything of the barcodes on their own separate pages. Does it really matter? I mean as long as it's included and it's scannable I'd assume it would be okay.... I'm currently playing around with my printer settings and it doesn't seem to make any difference. On the bottom of the PDF file it says they are on pages 3 and 12 so it seems like it's supposed to be printed out like that. Not sure though!

Looking at it, I can see that you're right, so I'm probably being paranoid for no reason?

However, my biometrics confirmation receipt has a second page with only one line of print on it and that definitely doesn't look right. :(

Sponsored Links