Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Joint Bank Account  (Read 318 times)

• Liked: 0
Joint Bank Account
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:29:33 PM »
I've been combing the finances section of the application and am a bit confused on something. For accounts used to meet the financial requirement it says they must be in you or your sponsors name. Would funds held in a joint account with a tertiary person count? Full disclosure, I have a joint savings with my parents as a "Just in case" for them and don't want to have to remove them to use the funds. I think I am listed as primary as well as them but I could be mistaken.  Thanks!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Joint Bank Account
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
I've been combing the finances section of the application and am a bit confused on something. For accounts used to meet the financial requirement it says they must be in you or your sponsors name. Would funds held in a joint account with a tertiary person count? Full disclosure, I have a joint savings with my parents as a "Just in case" for them and don't want to have to remove them to use the funds. I think I am listed as primary as well as them but I could be mistaken.  Thanks!

Unfortunately if the account is joint with anyone other than your partner it is not acceptable.

(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:

(1) the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
    (2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent’s partner, the applicant’s parent or both as appropriate; or
    (3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant’s sponsor or the applicant, unless otherwise stated.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

• Liked: 0
Re: Joint Bank Account
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 06:00:40 PM »
And somehow I randomly missed that. Well that makes that difficult :-(  Thanks for the guidance!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab