Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current Americans Living in the UK - Participants Needed for Research!  (Read 1394 times)

• Liked: 8
Hi all!

I am an undergraduate Psychology student in my third year and I am preparing to start my final research study.

I am interested in what fellow Americans identify as (being nationally, culturally, socially etc) since they have been living in UK. As the UK and USA are privileged western countries that speak the same language, cultural differences in migrants between them may seem less obvious, in comparison to, migrants from an eastern country in the UK. This is what I would like to explore more.

As of now, I am still preparing my study, but I would really like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in partaking in a study like this. It would be fairly short, most likely consisting of an online questionnaire which will take around 20-30 minutes to complete. Anyone can participate, just as long as they are over the age of 18 and have been living as an existing resident in the UK, doesn't matter how long for, or if living is indefinite or not  :)

Please give this a like, or comment if you would be up for this, it could be an exciting opportunity and of course if requested, I would share my project results once it is completed!

Thanks  :D

• Liked: 4985
Re: Current Americans Living in the UK - Participants Needed for Research!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:04:39 PM »
I'd be happy to participate.  :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:01:13 AM »
sign me up too.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »
Sure, happy to help... :)

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 11:12:49 PM »
Count me in. :)
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

• Liked: 114
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 08:40:18 AM »
I'd like to take part. :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 04:21:47 PM »
I would be happy to answer a survey if you're still doing this.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 05:31:27 PM »
So my questionnaire is now ready to be completed! Thanks for the interest  :) :)

**Posted on Expat Life board**

Hi all,

As part of my Psychology dissertation I want to explore the extent to which American expats feel they have developed a British identity while living in Britain.

What is involved in my study is a very straightforward questionnaire. It will take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete. All information will remain anonymous and confidential during data collection. The only requirements needed for participants to complete it is you must be over the age of 18, your original/primary nationality is American and that you are now living in the UK.

Please follow this link to be directed to the questionnaire: newcomer link: https://cccusocialsciences.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0ePpoFmXfX7Izxb [nonactive]

Thank you! I need as many people as possible, so all the help offered will be appreciated very much! - Kat  :D

• Liked: 13
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »
I'm in. :)
Spouse Visa Granted: 20 January 2016 - Arrived in UK: 27 February 2016 - FLR(M) Granted: 12 November 2018 - LiTUK Test Passed: 6 March 2021 - ILR Application Submitted: 13 March 2021 - Biometrics: 10 April 2021 - ILR Approved 25 August 2021 - UK Citizenship Application Submitted: 20 September 2021 - Biometrics: 12 October 2021 - Email Invite to Citizenship Ceremony: 15 November 2021

Sponsored Links