Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Qualifications for Graduate University  (Read 678 times)

• Liked: 0
Qualifications for Graduate University
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »
Hi I am a 26 year old male who currently lives in NYC. I have Travelled the world and Ive always known that I would like to move to Europe. I am looking at graduate programs in Britain and I am having trouble finding reliable information on what exactly is required to be admitted to graduate business schools in the UK. Can anyone provide some insight? Also, cost is not an issue. Im simply curious as to the admission requirements. Thank You

• Liked: 36
Re: Qualifications for Graduate University
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »
Hi,

What information have you looked at so far to find it unreliable?

I'd say to look at individual universities prospectus's and read up to see what their entry requirements are. You can then look to your USA qualifications and assess to see if they're accepted as an equivalent. If they are, then you can move onto the next stage. If not, you'll need to look at alternatives which get you to the levels needed by each university and it's criteria.

Also research and read up on being an international or foreign student in the UK and all the requirements etc and then evaluate.

As you've mentioned business courses, you'll most likely find that's perhaps one of the more popular areas and places may well be limited etc. You also mention moving to Europe, so for the UK in particular, the next 5-10 years I'd expect will be very difficult for 'foreigners' to move here permanently given the very high levels of anti immigrant sentiment across the UK population. Given the recent vote to leave the EU, there's also an increased risk currently that the jobs situation could worsen should investment into the UK begin to decline. The government here really need to step up as fast as humanly possible to negotiate excellent trade deals in order to 'hopefully' keep investment funds flowing into the UK.

To keep your options open, look to moving to a European country as well and checking to see what entry requirements they have.

Cheers! DtM! West London & Slough UK!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »
Totally agree with Dennis.  Unfortunately the UK won't be part of Europe much longer, so you may want to look at other countries as well (The Netherlands and Germany are both very good).

Once you narrow it down to which universities you want to attend, speak with them.  Entry requirements will vary for each.

Best of luck!  Business degrees are great!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
I should also add that I am a Canadian citizen and speak German.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
Look in The Guardian about British students studying in Germany.  It's getting popular now that UK schools are so expensive.  The classes are in English but your German will be super helpful

Sponsored Links