Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA2 and ATAS clearance  (Read 3722 times)

• Liked: 1
EEA2 and ATAS clearance
« on: October 30, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to determine if it is necssary for me to fill out the application for ATAS given I have EEA2. 

My situation
- I have EEA2 since 2013
- Will apply for PR in 2018
- Currently working full time
- Will begin a PhD in January

When you go to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme [nofollow]

It says you don't have to apply if you are on Tier 1,2 or 5 and have been here longer than April 2015.  However, there is no guidance on folks here with EEA residence certificates (e.g. EEA2).

Could someone shed some light on this?

There was some discussion on  expatforum.com a few years, however things have clearly changed since then. 

Cheers,

Steven

• Liked: 342
Re: EEA2 and ATAS clearance
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 10:26:18 PM »
I am trying to determine if it is necssary for me to fill out the application for ATAS given I have EEA2. 

When you go to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme

It says you don't have to apply if you are on Tier 1,2 or 5 and have been here longer than April 2015.  However, there is no guidance on folks here with EEA residence certificates (e.g. EEA2).

Could someone shed some light on this?

Reading your link, it doesn't seem to say what you think it does. It says not yet required for these, but will be a requirement when their visa is renewed.

It also says on a highlighted part, that UK, EEA and Swiss nationals don't have to apply. Unless you are one of these nationals, then it reads like you must apply for an ATAS certificate, for the reasons stated in your link.

Have another read of your link.

My situation
- I have EEA2 since 2013
- Will apply for PR in 2018
- Currently working full time
- Will begin a PhD in January

What you have been doing as a family member, is nothing to do with you getting PR. It is what your EEA citizen sponsor has been doing that determines if you achieve PR. They need 5 years continuously as a "qualified person" for PR.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:27:20 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links