Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US citizens based in London voting for Trump. (Request)  (Read 1601 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: US citizens based in London voting for Trump. (Request)
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »
But no PR.

It's a funny business. I think it took a big hit after the crash. An awful lot of articles sprang up in PR spheres about 'proving your value' all of a sudden....column inches look a little suspect against sales figures. And again digital has changed everything.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 537
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »
It's a funny business. I think it took a big hit after the crash. An awful lot of articles sprang up in PR spheres about 'proving your value' all of a sudden....column inches look a little suspect against sales figures. And again digital has changed everything.
Well,  I think part of it is they already have enough inexperienced, fresh out of Uni graduates to take the entry level jobs AND they may have done their "internships" at the companies and have jobs waiting after they graduate.

They just have very specific requirements for what's needed in a PR candidate. Requirements that I've never seen for the US.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 11:45:23 AM »
Well,  I think part of it is they already have enough inexperienced, fresh out of Uni graduates to take the entry level jobs AND they may have done their "internships" at the companies and have jobs waiting after they graduate.

Yes, choosing to be born into a well-connected, wealthy family is wise when considering a career in, especially, London-based communications.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
Yeah, these are generally reporters you're talking about and reporters are under pressure to produce *anything* they can to keep up with what is essentially a 24 hour news cycle. I actually am not too interested in being a reporter. My interest lies in feature writing - interesting people, places and events. Lots of colour. Straight news reporting doesn't appeal to me and my experience of it hasn't endeared me to it.
Best of luck for you with your endeavors. Getting to write features is a very difficult area to break into because so many people want to write them. This is why blogs are so popular, IMO. You generally have to do a sh*t reporting beat before anyone let's you tackle a feature, unless you already have a proven track record.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
Yes, choosing to be born into a well-connected, wealthy family is wise when considering a career in, especially, London-based communications.

Probably true.

I wsd actually thinking how at my old job they had an employee who was hired as an "apprentice" or whatever  it wad s while he was at Uni and he was only at work 1 day a week... maybe... while he finished up his studies. He started full time right before I left. They held a permanent, full time position for him.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
Jimbocz, so you are saying all brexiters and trump supporters are racist and sexist?? If so, that is quite ignorant. Unless they are openly being racist or sexist, it is wrong to assume they are. I remember when Hillary and Obama were running for the Democratic nomination, and I was painted as a racist and anti woman for not supporting either. I wasn't asked why or who I even supported.....i was just painted with broad brush stokes 'are you voting Obama' no 'oh you're a Hillary supporter' actually no I'm.... 'oh you're an anti woman racist' and walked away.

So to ridicule or assume someone's reasoning is sexist or racist is completely wrong....unless they are outright racist or sexist in their words or actions...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nope it would be a logical fallacy to say that all Brexit and Trump voters are racist and/or sexist.  All it would take is one to prove me wrong. 

In my opinion, voting for Trump is an outright racist and sexist act , so most would meet your test right there.  How about if we just say most Trump voters are racists?

Sponsored Links