Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: November Timeline  (Read 17978 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: November Timeline
« Reply #420 on: February 15, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
Not sure if I should find another forum but does anyone know if for the fiancé visa I'd need an English test as well? Is the fiancé visa the same as the marriage and civil partnership visa?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #421 on: February 15, 2017, 05:12:07 PM »
Not sure if I should find another forum but does anyone know if for the fiancé visa I'd need an English test as well? Is the fiancé visa the same as the marriage and civil partnership visa?

Not if you hold a USA passport.

The difference between the visas:

Fiancé visa, proof you will marry within six months
Spouse visa, proof you are married
Civil partnership, proof you are in a same-sex civil partnership (alternative to marriage for same sex partners)
Unmarried partners, proof you have lived together continuously for a minimum of 24 months prior to application

« Reply #422 on: February 15, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »
I live in Canada I got a Zimbabwean passport. Came here as a student now I work here. Thank you for the explanation.
Not if you hold a USA passport.

The difference between the visas:

Fiancé visa, proof you will marry within six months
Spouse visa, proof you are married
Civil partnership, proof you are in a same-sex civil partnership (alternative to marriage for same sex partners)
Unmarried partners, proof you have lived together continuously for a minimum of 24 months prior to application

« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
I live in Canada I got a Zimbabwean passport. Came here as a student now I work here. Thank you for the explanation.

Do you hold Canadian citizenship?  If you only hold a Zimbabwean passport, you WILL need to sit an English test unfortunately.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

« Reply #424 on: February 15, 2017, 07:59:46 PM »
I have a valid English test. I'm just concerned that they will bE skeptical of this now because we got refused an unmarried partner visa.
Do you hold Canadian citizenship?  If you only hold a Zimbabwean passport, you WILL need to sit an English test unfortunately.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

« Reply #425 on: February 15, 2017, 08:12:43 PM »
I have a valid English test. I'm just concerned that they will bE skeptical of this now because we got refused an unmarried partner visa.

Not at all.  When a visa is a refused, people usually reapply straight away if they are able.  You made a very simple mistake that could happen to anyone.  It was truly just an admin error.  No reason to delay reapplying!   :D

« Reply #426 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:05 PM »
Thank you so much for your prompt responses I really appreciate it.
Not at all.  When a visa is a refused, people usually reapply straight away if they are able.  You made a very simple mistake that could happen to anyone.  It was truly just an admin error.  No reason to delay reapplying!   :D

« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »
Just double checking with fiancé visa I would have to leave after the six months and apply for a spouse visa or can I do that from within?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
Just double checking with fiancé visa I would have to leave after the six months and apply for a spouse visa or can I do that from within?

The whole point of the fiance visa is that you marry within 6 months and apply in country.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »

No, the fiance visa allows you to stay in the UK - you would just have to switch from the fiance visa to an FLR(M) visa from inside the country after you are married.

The different visa options:

Fiance visa to marry in the UK
- apply for 6-month fiance visa (£1,195)
- move to the UK
- you cannot work or study in the UK and you will not be covered by the NHS so you will need private health insurance
- marry within the 6 months (it can take a while to get married - minimum of 35 days residency before you can, possibly up to 77 days)
- switch to FLR(M) visa inside the UK (valid 30 months) (£811 + £500 IHS surcharge)
- you can work, study or use the NHS once you have the FLR(M) visa

Total visa cost = £1,195 + £1,311 = £2,506
Plus one flight to the UK

Marry in the UK on a Marriage Visitor Visa
- apply for a 6-month Marriage Visitor Visa to visit and marry in the UK (£87). You must show you will return to live in Canada after the wedding and won't try to stay in the UK
- fly to the UK
- you cannot work, study or use the NHS, so you will need private health insurance
- get married (as above, can take a while - you may have to stay in the UK for 3-4 months)
- return to the Canada
- apply for a spousal visa to move to the UK (£1,195 + £600 IHS surcharge)
- move to the UK
- you can work, study and use the NHS immediately

Total visa cost = £87 + £1,795 = £1,882
Plus three flights (to and from the UK, and back to the UK again)

Marry in Canada (or the US), then apply for a spousal visa
- he flies to you
- you get married in Canada (or the US?)
- he flies home
- you apply for a spousal visa
- you move to the UK

Total visa cost = £1,795
Plus 3 flights (him to and from Canada, you to the UK)

« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
Wow thank you for this. My lawyer really *bleep*ed us over. Sorry for the language.
No, the fiance visa allows you to stay in the UK - you would just have to switch from the fiance visa to an FLR(M) visa from inside the country after you are married.

The different visa options:

Fiance visa to marry in the UK
- apply for 6-month fiance visa (£1,195)
- move to the UK
- you cannot work or study in the UK and you will not be covered by the NHS so you will need private health insurance
- marry within the 6 months (it can take a while to get married - minimum of 35 days residency before you can, possibly up to 77 days)
- switch to FLR(M) visa inside the UK (valid 30 months) (£811 + £500 IHS surcharge)
- you can work, study or use the NHS once you have the FLR(M) visa

Total visa cost = £1,195 + £1,311 = £2,506
Plus one flight to the UK

Marry in the UK on a Marriage Visitor Visa
- apply for a 6-month Marriage Visitor Visa to visit and marry in the UK (£87). You must show you will return to live in Canada after the wedding and won't try to stay in the UK
- fly to the UK
- you cannot work, study or use the NHS, so you will need private health insurance
- get married (as above, can take a while - you may have to stay in the UK for 3-4 months)
- return to the Canada
- apply for a spousal visa to move to the UK (£1,195 + £600 IHS surcharge)
- move to the UK

Total visa cost = £87 + £1,795 = £1,882
Plus three flights (to and from the UK, and back to the UK again)

Marry in Canada (or the US), then apply for a spousal visa
- he flies to you
- you get married in Canada (or the US?)
- he flies home
- you apply for a spousal visa
- you move to the UK

Total visa cost = £1,795
Plus 3 flights (him to and from Canada, you to the UK)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2017, 11:02:49 PM »
Wow thank you for this. My lawyer really *bleep*ed us over. Sorry for the language.

The forum doesn't let your use certain words. It's kind of hilarious.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »
In restrospect I'm glad it sensored me
The forum doesn't let your use certain words. It's kind of hilarious.

« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2017, 08:36:30 AM »
Thank you so much for your prompt responses I really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links