Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The front pages today  (Read 698 times)

• Liked: 533
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 387
Re: The front pages today
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but nothing new here.  These newspapers always run inflammatory headlines and stories bent on getting the public into a frenzy, from the NHS spending millions of pounds to kill innocent babies to the Muslim top secret plot to bring the UK under strict Sharia law. 

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:49:34 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but nothing new here.  These newspapers always run inflammatory headlines and stories bent on getting the public into a frenzy, from the NHS spending millions of pounds to kill innocent babies to the Muslim top secret plot to bring the UK under strict Sharia law.

Perhaps. But the danger here (aside from excitable wackos) is the possibility of influencing the judges at Supreme Court level. A certain amount of this comes with the wig and the robe, but....

Too, it is a not a small point in law. We have a pretty clear-cut case of the Executive not fully understanding/recognising her limits. And it's not me saying that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:53:21 PM by sonofasailor »
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 149
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:08:37 PM »
Yep...it's you saying that.
Politics......are endlessly crap.
Why can't GOOD people run for office.
Why can't I get Picante sauce.......?
Fred

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
Yep...it's you saying that.

The Lord Chief Justice Lord Thomas branded the government’s legal arguments as “divorced from reality” and “flawed at this basic level”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leaving-european-union-judge-quotes-government-lord-chief-justice-a7395416.html

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »

God, I used to work with an idiot that thought Sharia law courts were the biggest evil facing this nation.  No matter how many times I tried to explain that it's just another form of arbitration that both sides have to agree on, he was convinced that the Muslims were going to chop his hand off for a parking ticket.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:58:23 PM »
No matter how many times I tried to explain that it's just another form of arbitration that both sides have to agree on, he was convinced that the Muslims were going to chop his hand off for a parking ticket.

I now have this mental image of someone slinking about in the shadows in a car park, clinging on to dear life to his wrist, with a crumpled parking ticket hidden in a pocket somewhere.   :o :D

Sponsored Links