Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK EEA Regs changes, including changes to Singh  (Read 6612 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: UK EEA Regs changes, including changes to Singh
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 11:00:41 AM »
;D I didn't read of it because of Brexit. I fiqured this is only any good for those who can get British citizenship before Brexit.

I still see people on other forums recommending the Surinder Singh route!  ::)   

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 11:44:30 AM »
I still see people on other forums recommending the Surinder Singh route!  ::)

One Brit even complaining that his non-EEA wife was sacked by her employer yesterday and how broke that will make them and that he will now have to claim jobseeker benefits. His wife was refused PR as she was trying to use Singh and is an overstayer, but somehow she thought she could still work in the UK?

I'm waiting for his next post to complain that his wife is in a detention centre watiing to be deported.  Or perhaps to complain that his wife is also facing criminal charges for working when not allowed and has had the proceeds of that crime seized under the Immigration Act 2016. 

It's amazing how many of these non-EEA nationals who carried out that "fraud" as it is bring called, now think that it's the EEA countries who are being "sneaky" by stopping it. It's on a par with those caught for using deception years ago to get a visa and are now on their way home, but refer to themselves as a "victim".

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:04:22 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
And yet the guidance couldn't be clearer that you can not use Singh to circumvent UK immigration rules!

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
And yet the guidance couldn't be clearer that you can not use Singh to circumvent UK immigration rules!

The one that sticks in my mind most, was a Brit worked in the US who could have easily have met the requirements to sponsor her US citizen husband but they chose to try to use Singh instead.

Moved to Ireland and she worked, and then they moved to the UK just before she gave birth, even though the new EEA Regs were in which clearly showed he would not get an RC, that's even if they didn't know that this abuse on the Singh ruling was being stopped before they left the US.

He worked while in the UK but was correctly refused an RC for the UK, which meant he could not live or work in the UK. Even if he had managed to get an RC before the ECJ gave their stance, he would never have got the EU's PR in the UK as he didn't meet the ruling requirements for Singh. And Brexit was coming anyway which ends EU rules and European Court of Justice rulings in the UK.

The Brit hadn't worked since she returned to the UK and now months later, she could not sponsor him for a spouse visa anymore. He will now have to wait in the US for 6 months while she works to be able to sponsor him. Or to avoid deportaton, he could put in an application for the very expensive 10 year route of 4 visas to ILR as they have a British baby. But until he gets that months down the line, if he gets it, he will be an overstayer in the UK, no working, no free use of the NHS, no driving etc And as we know, those applications have been on hold since February anyway.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:58:20 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »

Nothing offered to those using the "Singh route" in the Brexit deal. Nor for those non-EEA citizens who used a derived right routes to be in the UK i.e. Zambrano carers (non-EEA citizen parents who have an EEA citizen child and use that child to move to the UK).

Somebody on another forum wrote to the EU team about these being missed out of the Brexit deal and just posted a copy of the letter from the EU, which said that there was  nothing negotiated by the EU for these non-EEA citizens and that these would come under UK domestic laws on Brexit. The UK "domestic laws" is the Immigration Act 1971, the law that people on here use to get a "visa" to the UK.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
Nothing offered to those using the "Singh route" in the Brexit deal. Nor for those non-EEA citizens who used a derived right routes to be in the UK i.e. Zambrano carers (non-EEA citizen parents who have an EEA citizen child and use that child to move to the UK).

Somebody on another forum wrote to the EU team about these being missed out of the Brexit deal and just posted a copy of the letter from the EU, which said that there was  nothing negotiated by the EU for these non-EEA citizens and that these would come under UK domestic laws on Brexit. The UK "domestic laws" is the Immigration Act 1971, the law that people on here use to get a "visa" to the UK.

It seems the government has decided to offer to the non-EEA citizens using Singh but not those using derived rights; not that I can see. Singh still to be used in accordance with the latest regs: centre of life and Brit to be an EU qualified person.

The latest changes to the immigration laws which are for EEA citizens but just NHS staff and certain universities ATM.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-cm-9675-20-july-2018
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:43:51 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab