Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Revolut Card for travel money  (Read 696 times)

• Liked: 1892
Revolut Card for travel money
« on: November 10, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
I just got it, haven't had a chance to use it yet.  Has anyone else got one?

It's a pre paid debit card you load up with money via bank transfer.  Then you spend it in foreign countries with no fees and a decent exchange rate.  Since you can keep quids, dollars and euros on the same card, maybe you don't ever need to exchange. 

To get one, you download the app and request a card.  It's free, not exactly sure how they make money but I can't see anything that makes it a bad deal. 

• Liked: 134
Re: Revolut Card for travel money
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »
We just used one on our trip to Prague and Budapest.  It was fantastic.  Works just like a debit card and the app immediately updates to show you what you've spent and what is left on the card.  We loaded ours up in Euros and then used it as we normally would.  We got a much better exchange rate when charging purchases in the local currencies than we would have by allowing shops to charge in a different currency.  It's so handy to have, plus you don't have as much extra cash floating about after a trip.  Definitely will be using it in the future.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 9
Re: Revolut Card for travel money
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »
I have one too. I haven't had the chance to use it abroad yet, but I've used it several times in the UK without a problem.

I'm wondering whether you have to pay ATM fees abroad to get cash. I know in the UK most ATMs don't charge a fee for usage, but when I lived in other places ATMs usually charged a fee if they weren't your own bank.

Sponsored Links