Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Family Sponsor?  (Read 564 times)

• Liked: 0
Family Sponsor?
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »
Good Afternoon. My name is Christian. I am originality from England, I moved to the USA to start my life with my lovely wife 3 years ago. We have decided after having a baby (9 months old)that we would like to move back to the UK.

I'm so glad I have found this forum. You are all very helpful. I have a couple of questions.
I have been studying for the past year and would like to continue my education. I'm wondering if we can have a family members (my parents) sponsor my wife to help our family move back to the UK. Is this possible?

I understand we need to have earned the 18600 or a job offer with this amount. But could we both go and be full time students ?

any advice would be great. thank you in advance.

• Liked: 170
Re: Family Sponsor?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
Third party sponsorship (your parents) is not allowed for UK family visas. You (as the sponsor) would have to prove earnings or you would have to prove joint savings...

If you both wanted to be full time students, unless you had savings of more than £62,500, your wife would have to qualify for a Tier 4 visa.
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
Thank you.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
Unfortunately the UK is very anti-immigration at the moment.  It's ALL about money.  If you don't have it, it's impossible to move back.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »
Good Afternoon. My name is Christian. I am originality from England, I moved to the USA to start my life with my lovely wife 3 years ago. We have decided after having a baby (9 months old)that we would like to move back to the UK.

I'm so glad I have found this forum. You are all very helpful. I have a couple of questions.
I have been studying for the past year and would like to continue my education. I'm wondering if we can have a family members (my parents) sponsor my wife to help our family move back to the UK. Is this possible?

I understand we need to have earned the 18600 or a job offer with this amount. But could we both go and be full time students ?

any advice would be great. thank you in advance.

It is not possible for your family to sponsor your wife as such but if they gave you the amount required to meet the savings requirement, you could apply after having had the funds in your possession for 6 months.
It is important to note that this must be a gift of money and not a loan. The amount required if you have no other eligible income is 62,500gbp.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
I am originality from England, I moved to the USA to start my life with my lovely wife 3 years ago.

But could we both go and be full time students ?

You might find you have to pay international rates for yourself instead of the home rates fee. This will be up to the university.

For any Student Loans for you -

Your nationality or residency status

You can apply if all of the following apply:

you’re a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
    you normally live in England
    you’ve been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab