Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pubs with live southern country music  (Read 731 times)

• Liked: 0
Pubs with live southern country music
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
Hi all!

I'd like to preface this by saying (as my username gives away) that I'm british, not american, but hopefully that's ok? I'm basically looking for pubs in london that have live southern country music bands playing. The kind of music that comes from Louisiana, SC, texas etc. (sorry if that's an overgeneralisation, I'm not an expert here). I wonder if anyone here could help me out with some recommendations, or point me somewhere that could help me?

Thanks for reading, and hope y'all have a good thanksgiving next week!

• Liked: 1891
Re: Pubs with live southern country music
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »
In the Free London newspapers they've been advertising a country western concert, with bands playing that I've never heard of.  That doesn't mean much, I'm not a huge country fan.  You might keep your eye out, or if you are not in London I'll do it.

I've never heard of a pub with regular American country music. 

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
Hm ok, that sounds interesting, I have to admit I don't really read the paper, so I don't see these things much. Did you catch the name or when it was roughly? The only big thing I can find is this: http://www.c2c-countrytocountry.com/ [nofollow] which is next year.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »
That's it!  If your Google Fu is good enough to find that from my poor description, you should be able to find something else easily. 

Have you looked at time out? 

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »
I did have a look at various websites, but it seemed to be more either just "american themed" or more soul/jazz than country music. I'm looking for a place that has something like these:

[nofollow]
[nofollow]

Thanks for your help with the concert though, might take a look at that, though Paisley and Zac Brown are the only ones I know myself.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 01:55:03 AM »
First of all, I could deal with those examples, but that's not really at all the kind of "country" music popular in Texas/La/SC. This is:

And about a thousand other bands I could rattle off.

Which brings me to I have the same question. I know some great bands make it over from time to time, and I will definitely keep an eye out for them, but any leads on good places around London to check out would be great.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »
I'd be very interested in real country bands playing here. 

Have you installed Song Kick?  It's an app that scans your music library and lets you know if any of your bands are coming . 

Too bad you didn't post earlier, ZZ Top was playing in Amsterdam and I couldn't find anyone willing to go.  Seeing ZZ top in Amsterdam would be pretty epic.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:42:37 PM »
ZZ Top was the first concert I went to as a kid. I've met one of the guys a few times. He lives just outside Houston here a few neighborhoods over from where I grew up.

I saw 2Cellos over the summer at Greenwich. That was a really great show. Plus riding the boat back at night was really cool.

Thanks for the tip on the app. I'll have to figure out a good system for staying informed when any of the bands I like are going to be anywhere I can get to.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
Yeah, I like that boat ride as well, especially after a concert. The cable cars and laser light from Greenwich make London look like Blade Runner.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
Hi all!

I'd like to preface this by saying (as my username gives away) that I'm british, not american, but hopefully that's ok? I'm basically looking for pubs in london that have live southern country music bands playing. The kind of music that comes from Louisiana, SC, texas etc. (sorry if that's an overgeneralisation, I'm not an expert here). I wonder if anyone here could help me out with some recommendations, or point me somewhere that could help me?

Thanks for reading, and hope y'all have a good thanksgiving next week!

FYI, I was just looking around and found some good shows playing around London.

There's a Texas music takeover thing going on tonight through Monday... if you have boat loads of money apparently. Some great artists though. Jack Ingram, Jason Boland. Don't know what the deal is to get wrist bands for shows at this point, but you can look into it.

Turnpike Troubadors have 9 shows from Glasgow to Brighton in Feb, London on 11Feb at Oslo in Hackney: http://www.oslohackney.com/events/live-turnpike-troubadours/

If you keep an eye out, you'll catch some tours through now and then. I'll be doing the same come summer, or at least by Aug. So, more than likely we'll end up at some of the same events at some point.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab