Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Who to talk in a company  (Read 808 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
Who to talk in a company
« on: November 23, 2016, 10:18:24 AM »
Hi all, who do you talk to in a company is it HR or the IT MGR, over here in the UK It mgr has no clue if he is hiring when i called a company, the HR says i should talk to the MGR of the IT Dept.  you can't be serious... it seems no one knows anything..Woow.

Not frustrated, if anything  tells me  a lot of the company. need to keep going...
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 4985
Re: Who to talk in a company
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »
Best to work with a recruiter or LinkedIn.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:05 AM »
Thanks KFdancer
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:46:58 AM »
Good luck with your job search Eddy.  :)

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
Good luck with your job search Eddy.  :)

Thanks Larrabee,  you to take care... love this Forum..get better answers here then from a HR or IT mgr...
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:47:36 AM »
Have you posted your resume on the main job boards & set up alerts for notifications Eddy? Even in the US & Canada that is the best way to be noticed if you don't already have a company contact through a current employee. Search for postings, get in touch with recruiters. LinkedIn is an incredible tool, make sure your profile is up to date, and if you have a github with examples of your work - make sure it's linked there. :)

And also, maybe check meetup.com to see if there are any groups in your area for your specialty to start making connections in the industry? When we were planning on moving to Bristol, I was ecstatic to see there was already a well established data group there.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
Remember to update your CV at least once a week on all the different job sites, even if you don't actually change it. Each time you do that, your Cv is automatically sent to all the agents.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:38:28 AM »
Have you posted your resume on the main job boards & set up alerts for notifications Eddy? Even in the US & Canada that is the best way to be noticed if you don't already have a company contact through a current employee. Search for postings, get in touch with recruiters. LinkedIn is an incredible tool, make sure your profile is up to date, and if you have a github with examples of your work - make sure it's linked there. :)

And also, maybe check meetup.com to see if there are any groups in your area for your specialty to start making connections in the industry? When we were planning on moving to Bristol, I was ecstatic to see there was already a well established data group there.

I saw a recruiter Tuesday at Lincoln Hays, i actually dealt with them in Toronto/ Mississauga when i was the go-between for the bank i worked for. So hoping he can do some things for me. Also applied at Boeing and Seimens in Lincoln.  for the help ...it will get  a bit slow due to the Christmas coming up from what  William told me at hays, we will see...Just to let you know...i live in Retford .. not a city smaller then a town Dooncaster is the next one over ..then Tickhill
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:22:41 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 06:40:54 AM »
Remember to update your CV at least once a week on all the different job sites, even if you don't actually change it. Each time you do that, your Cv is automatically sent to all the agents.

Being doing that every week actually Sunday for every new week, Finally found a recruiter in Hays in Lincoln had an appointment, we will see how things go,  Thanks Jimbocz
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
Boeing has called me and talking to the hiring MGR, they like my resume but my security check does not allow me I need to be here 5 yrs as a residence. Okay this sucks I asked them to check my security with the bank I worked for reference it,but no go.. well now if this keeps going heading back To T.O.     I can't waste time like this and be a burden to my wife absolutely no way..  we talked about it. Hope it does not come to this.   
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
Boeing has called me and talking to the hiring MGR, they like my resume but my security check does not allow me I need to be here 5 yrs as a residence. Okay this sucks I asked them to check my security with the bank I worked for reference it,but no go.. well now if this keeps going heading back To T.O.     I can't waste time like this and be a burden to my wife absolutely no way..  we talked about it. Hope it does not come to this.

Eddy, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet, you've been here a very short time in job seeking terms.
I bet your wife does not think you are being a burden either.
Maybe you could pick up something seasonal, not necessarily in you field but it would be UK work experience for your resume.

Hang in there and good luck with the search.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
If Boeing was interested in you, somebody else will be as well.  It will happen soon enough.

Sponsored Links