Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...  (Read 4455 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 08:02:41 PM »
Applicant optional letter- I am planning on writing a simple letter and I remember reading that the letter should basically introduce my package. What would a basic letter outline look like? Would I do an intro paragraph on myself and then list the contents of the package? I like the idea of a "cover letter" with my package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 08:36:05 PM »
The letter literally just introduces the contents of the package - you don't need to talk about yourself or your relationship.

You can include:

- the type of visa you are applying for
- the date you wish the visa to be made valid from (the intended travel date on your application)
- an explanation of anything unusual about your documents (i.e. if you don't have an original of something, or there are large transactions on your bank statements)
- an explanation of any criminal convictions you have, or any bad UK immigration history (refused entries/visas for the UK, illegal overstaying/working in the UK etc.)
- a list of documents in the package

So an example letter, if you have nothing to explain in regards to documents/convictions/immigration history might be:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Please find enclosed my application and supporting documents for a settlement visa to join my spouse/partner in the UK. I would like my visa to be made valid from DD/MM/YYYY.

The documents included in this package are:
-
-
-
etc.

Signed,
Your Name.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 05:23:19 AM »
The letter literally just introduces the contents of the package - you don't need to talk about yourself or your relationship.

You can include:

- the type of visa you are applying for
- the date you wish the visa to be made valid from (the intended travel date on your application)
- an explanation of anything unusual about your documents (i.e. if you don't have an original of something, or there are large transactions on your bank statements)
- an explanation of any criminal convictions you have, or any bad UK immigration history (refused entries/visas for the UK, illegal overstaying/working in the UK etc.)
- a list of documents in the package

So an example letter, if you have nothing to explain in regards to documents/convictions/immigration history might be:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Please find enclosed my application and supporting documents for a settlement visa to join my spouse/partner in the UK. I would like my visa to be made valid from DD/MM/YYYY.

The documents included in this package are:
-
-
-
etc.

Signed,
Your Name.
Thank you, this helps tremendously. Much appreciated!

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »
28 day window for supporting documents:

"The date you submit and pay for the online application is your official application date, so things like your latest payslips/bank statements/letters must be dated no earlier than 28 days before this date."-quote from another thread on forum

Does this 28 day window apply to other dated documents such as certified sponsor passport, land registry, etc. ?

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 11:17:38 AM »
Does this 28 day window apply to other dated documents such as certified sponsor passport, land registry, etc. ?

No, it's anything where you have to provide evidence covering a period of time that ends with the application date.

So, really, it's the financial requirement, because your evidence has to cover the preceding 6 or 12 months up to the application date. So, it's the bank statements, payslips and employer letter that should be dated within 28 days of the date you apply online.

From Appendix FM SE:

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 03:28:53 AM »
Thank you !  I appreciate the excerpt from the appendix, I'll be sure to review !

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 07:48:05 AM »
No worries - that appendix is pretty much your bible when it comes to making sure your financial requirement documents are in the correct format, particularly the bank statements :).

• Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:39 AM »
Is the optional applicant letter different to the sponsor letter? In this recent thread http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=89191.0;all it was discussed that a sponsor letter (i.e. from my soon-to-be-husband) is required and should give a brief history of our relationship.

2008-2013 Tier 4 (General)
2014-2016 Tier 2 (General)
2017-2019 Spouse
2019-2021 FLR (M)
As of May 2021 SET(LR)
Next step... citizenship! I've just been a bit lazy...

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »
Is the optional applicant letter different to the sponsor letter? In this recent thread http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=89191.0;all it was discussed that a sponsor letter (i.e. from my soon-to-be-husband) is required and should give a brief history of our relationship.

Yes, the sponsor letter is required.  Sometimes the applicant includes a cover letter.  This shouldn't be anything more than saying what's contained in the application and explaining anything unusual (for example, a prior refusal).  Most do not do one.

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »
Yes, the sponsor letter is required.  Sometimes the applicant includes a cover letter.  This shouldn't be anything more than saying what's contained in the application and explaining anything unusual (for example, a prior refusal).  Most do not do one.

Would you recommend doing one if I've been refused for a different visa recently and have a previous passport in shreds, though provided?
2017-2019 Spouse
2019-2021 FLR (M)
As of May 2021 SET(LR)

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
Would you recommend doing one if I've been refused for a different visa recently and have a previous passport in shreds, though provided?

Yes, I would.  Give a brief reason for the refusal and include the paperwork from the refusal as well.

I would not include the damaged passport and instead in the application state that the prior passport is damaged and not included (it's within the application).

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
This question may seem silly, but if we have a list of what's enclosed in the applicant cover letter, does that mean we can/should forgo the list on the sponsor letter?
2017-2019 Spouse
2019-2021 FLR (M)
As of May 2021 SET(LR)

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 04:45:04 PM »
This question may seem silly, but if we have a list of what's enclosed in the applicant cover letter, does that mean we can/should forgo the list on the sponsor letter?

Of course.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »

You can do.

The list on the sponsor letter is more of a 'this is what I am sending as the sponsor to support the claims I am making in this letter' (i.e. it doesn't include everything, just what the sponsor is sending), while the one on the applicant letter is more 'this is a list of everything in the package'.

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »
PROPOSED ITINERARY - I am having trouble finding a website to generate an itinerary without booking the flight to generate the itinerary. What websites have people used to create a proposed itinerary  ??

Sponsored Links