Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...  (Read 4451 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: JUST MARRIED! and now the SPOUSE VISA begins ...
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »
I just looked at flights on Expedia and Orbitz.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »
You don't need to book, just show that there are flights there. I'm not even sure why it's a requirement, because they don't hold you to the proposed itinerary. It might be more relevant to other kinds of visas, or like for travel from far away places, but I think for us it's just kind of a pointless box to tick.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 09:39:54 PM »
You don't need to book, just show that there are flights there. I'm not even sure why it's a requirement, because they don't hold you to the proposed itinerary. It might be more relevant to other kinds of visas, or like for travel from far away places, but I think for us it's just kind of a pointless box to tick.

It's not a requirement. I didn't include one with our spouse visa application.
It does serve to reinforce your intended date of travel though.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »
Yeah, it's not a requirement, but as larrabee said, it helps to show your intended travel date... and that you are planning ahead and looking into how and when you will get to the UK.

• Liked: 14
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
Oh ok, thank you ! I'll try Expedia and Orbitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 424
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 12:44:16 AM »
For an actual flight, Justfly.com is a great place to go. I did also use them for my proposed itinerary. Found flights from Denver to Glasgow for $565 more than once! Best prices that I have found.

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Relationship evidence-we use WhatsApp for texting and phone calls. I know how to export chat history but do not see a way to export phone call history. Does anyone know how? Otherwise what have people done to show WhatsApp phone history ?

Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
I am struggling with the relationship evidence, specifically with Skype video calls and WhatsApp texting and voice calls. Is it best to stick to screen shots from within the app rather than exporting the data into a text document?  I am sure the screen shots will be more authentic but screenshots would be loads of files since our history is over 2years. Our relationship evidence will include marriage certificate (certified), photos together, emails of boarding passes, emails, physical cards (no original envelopes though), texting and voice calls (WhatsApp) and video calls (Skype). 

What is the best way to package our relationship evidence??  Really could use some advice ! Feeling overwhelmed ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
You don't want to overwhelm them.  This is what they are looking for in order of importance:

Marriage certificate
1 or 2 photos of the two of you together, to prove you've met.  No more, no less.
Boarding passes to visit one another
1 or 2 pages of "how you keep in touch" either Skype, Whatsapp, etc.).  If you have two years of history, you'll just want to show one or two messages each month.  Don't inundate them with a big stack of paperwork.   :)
Couple of cards is fine.

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »
You don't want to overwhelm them.  This is what they are looking for in order of importance:

Marriage certificate
1 or 2 photos of the two of you together, to prove you've met.  No more, no less.
Boarding passes to visit one another
1 or 2 pages of "how you keep in touch" either Skype, Whatsapp, etc.).  If you have two years of history, you'll just want to show one or two messages each month.  Don't inundate them with a big stack of paperwork.   :)
Couple of cards is fine.
Thank you for the list :) For Skype and WhatsApp is it best to go with screenshots ? I'm thinking of screenshots and fitting a few on a page for each app. I read they are picky with WharApp .

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
Thank you for the list :) For Skype and WhatsApp is it best to go with screenshots ? I'm thinking of screenshots and fitting a few on a page for each app. I read they are picky with WharApp .

Honestly, you'd have to look at posts from others on how they got the info into a good format for UKVI.  You don't want to include any messages.  Just the date/times that they were sent if at all possible.

My husband and I met locally and didn't do the long distance thing, so I've never had to figure out how to get call logs, etc., out of my phone.

I think Lyonaria knows how to do it.  Hopefully she'll come along shortly.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »
Hey.

My job is a friggin stickler for working 9:00-5:30. Ithe drives me nuts...

So. I don't really know for whatsapp as my husband and I used Skype, IM and email. I used Trillian for my IM client.

For Skype, my husband used a program only available for PC's to pull out our calls over the course of our relationship. There were a lot. Multiple calls every day, it took some time. If you only have Macs, there is a way to get your calls, but it's only for 9 months ish. I'd have to look at my laptop to see if it's even still available. It's been over 3 years since I applied for my initial settlement visa and I haven't checked it lately.

Gotta love how they update programs and change things!!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »
Told you Lyonaria would know.    ;D

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 08:32:42 AM »
Thank you both very much for the responses, it is giving me a better idea of how to proceed! I'll be posting my document list soon before mailing !

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 05:39:29 AM »
BANK STATEMENTS - and pay slip cycle question
We are submitting 6 months of salaried payslips and corresponding bank statements, here is what the date cycle looks like for a given month, its salaried so the other months are the same type cycle:

January payslip dated 1/31/17 
January bank statement - 28 Dec 2016 - 27 Jan 2017
January payslip deposited on Jan 25 2017

As you can see the payslip deposit date and dated payslip date are different. Is this something that warrants a cover letter with any clarification ?

Thank you for any input or advice on this !

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab