Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Possible job offer for my wife to work in UK  (Read 558 times)

• Trying to do this right on no money
  • Liked: 1
Possible job offer for my wife to work in UK
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »
(TryingToUnderstand's Husband)
I work as a support worker (Carer) and the company I work for are desperately short of employees. My wife doesn't have a degree but has three professional years, three intensive personal years and has been taking care of her mum since childhood so is someone I think they would definitely see as an asset. I don't know if the company do sponsors but I'm almost certain they would give her a job if not for the red tape (I will call them tomorrow, it's sunday today so no one's in the office) So my main question is, is the guarantee of a job enough to get a work visa? AND If she can take this job, will it negatively affect our application for a spouse visa in the future?

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, I know her wages won't count towards the £18,600 spouse visa requirement but it would be great if she could live here while I work towards that and I know she'd feel better within herself if she could do her part with the financial side of things.
We don't want to break the rules. We just want to be together.

Every day, I remember why I fell in love with him, I remember why I still am and I can see why I always will be.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Possible job offer for my wife to work in UK
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 04:44:59 PM »
She can work if she either has her spouse visa in hand or they sponsored her for a work visa.  A care won't qualify for sponsorship though.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Also, once she is here on the spouse visa, her earnings will count towards FLR(M) so you will have an easier time of it next time around.

• Trying to do this right on no money
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:11:45 PM »
Ok Thanks all

We don't want to break the rules. We just want to be together.

Every day, I remember why I fell in love with him, I remember why I still am and I can see why I always will be.

Sponsored Links