Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visiting soon, want anything brought over?  (Read 629 times)

• Liked: 0
Visiting soon, want anything brought over?
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:13:30 AM »
Looking to see if any expats want anything brought over from the US. I'm coming from Washington state. Seeing if you guys want anything from good ole Merican junk food to dip. Doesn't hurt to ask. I'll be flying into London, and traveling all around the UK. DM for details, I'm always happy to help out a fellow American.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:14:59 AM by tony.on.the.run »

• Liked: 6
Re: Visiting soon, want anything brought over?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »
I was going to say the same thing. I'm headed from Houston to I think Gatwick on the 17th. Will be in London (Camden) and Sussex (near heywards heath) for about a month total.

I should have some extra bag space if someone wanted to meet up, or have me post it from that side of the pond. As long as it isn't going to explode all over my bag and is okay to bring through customs cause I don't want to get dinged on anything before I submit a fiance visa.

Don't go crazy or anything, but if it's something small I can try to pick it up.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 03:08:23 PM »
If obe of you would be willing to bring me an American Caramello or two, I would owe you big!

They are my favourite candy bar and the UK version stinks. US caramellos  have this awesome gooey, nearly liquid center and the UK ones have literal caramel that's chewy. They actually have the same packaging now, but they totally aren't they same. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »
If obe of you would be willing to bring me an American Caramello or two, I would owe you big!

They are my favourite candy bar and the UK version stinks. US caramellos  have this awesome gooey, nearly liquid center and the UK ones have literal caramel that's chewy. They actually have the same packaging now, but they totally aren't they same. Haha.

Well I tried, unsuccessfully. I forgot to get them in houston in the rush before I left & none to be found anywhere in Miami airport on my layover.

All the better honestly because my bag didn't make the flight with me. It is supposed to be delivered later today after being initially checked in 24hrs ago. So, I'm really not sure what the pecan pie inside is going to look like at this point.

Sorry.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:48:09 AM »
Well I tried, unsuccessfully. I forgot to get them in houston in the rush before I left & none to be found anywhere in Miami airport on my layover.

All the better honestly because my bag didn't make the flight with me. It is supposed to be delivered later today after being initially checked in 24hrs ago. So, I'm really not sure what the pecan pie inside is going to look like at this point.

Sorry.
Haha. It's no worries at all my friend. 😁
It's so annoying when your bag doesn't make it. I had mine go missing when I went back to the States last year. Luckily the airport was only a 15 minutes away.

I hope everything goes smoothly getting it back and the pie isn't too mangled.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »
Thanks. I've about written off hope for the pie. We shall see. Waiting patiently for the delivery.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab