Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Passport visa mistake  (Read 479 times)

• Liked: 0
Passport visa mistake
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:38:54 PM »
Hi
I was on this site some time ago after my husband visa was denied. I ended up coming to the UK with my sons and we reapplied. Been here without him for almost 3 months.
Today he finally got the letter and the visa but they have made a major mistake. They have issued my husbands visa but put it in another mans passport. He has called the British consulate in Bermuda but he can't do anything until tomorrow. No idea who this man is, the names are not similar, the birthdays are not similar and the passport is St lucian. My husband is Jamaican.
Anybody got advice or direct number we can call?
This is unbelievable and we are in shock. We have no idea where his actual passport is. We had hoped he would make it to the Uk for our sons birthday next week. 

• Liked: 73
Re: Passport visa mistake
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:03:08 AM »
This is a terrible thing to happen! I am sorry I cannot advise except to say I would certainly follow up with the British Consulate in Bermuda who should tell you who to contact. This must be a very rare occurrence! I do hope you get it sorted quickly. I guess the person who has your husband's passport must be as anxious as you are to get his passport back. Do keep us updated!
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
This is definitely a first (that I've heard of).  Contact the office where you applied and see what they say.  Unfortunately this may take a bit of time to sort.  It may even be that your husband needs to get a new passport (UKVI will cover this cost) and report the old one lost/stolen.  Keep us updated!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:55 PM »
So after several calls going back and forth to no avail i contacted my local MP. He actually came through for us and got the visa department to contact my husband. He got a grovelling apology and they are currently trying to track down his passport. We have had to send back the one he was sent which contains his visa. Now we wait, again

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »
So after several calls going back and forth to no avail i contacted my local MP. He actually came through for us and got the visa department to contact my husband. He got a grovelling apology and they are currently trying to track down his passport. We have had to send back the one he was sent which contains his visa. Now we wait, again

Good for you, I'm glad things are heading in the right direction finally. The whole incident is shocking.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:30:27 PM »
Ugh, big hugs.  Keep us posted!

• Liked: 73
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
I hope they find it.....quickly. SO embarrassing for them and SO stressful for you and your husband!
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

Sponsored Links