Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa in customs  (Read 361 times)

• Liked: 0
Visa in customs
« on: December 07, 2016, 04:20:27 AM »
Hi,

Is it normal to have your returning documents stuck in UK customs ? It's been there for 2 days.

Thanks.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Visa in customs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
It happens from time to time, but no, not common.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »
Hey,

What exactly does it say? It's possible that your package hasn't actually been handed off to the courier yet, even if you got an email with the tracking number. It took mine several days before it made it to the courier.

It is normal for your returning documents to make a stop at your couriers main hub to go through their customs. Mine was there at least overnight. If it doesn't move today you could try giving UPS or DHL (the only two couriers you could use) a call to see if there's something up with it. It could also mean that your package wasn't scanned but is still in transit. They only show movement when they're physically scanned.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
I imagine the delay has to do with extra packages being sent at Christmastime than something more sinister.   :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 02:31:56 AM »
Hi,

It was delayed first for weather conditions. But the package hadn't moved when the fog had cleared from Castle D. So I called UPS and the lady told me it just hadn't cleared customs. But there was an export span on my tracking (I thought once you get an export scan, it had cleared customs). So later, I decided to call back and speak with someone else, they had informed me that it indeed had left last night. My wee package has endured fog, customs, and mechanical failure. So hopefully, it comes tomorrow. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab