Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving to America with my British husband, visa help! Advice ect.  (Read 322 times)

• Liked: 1
Hi there
I'm American and my husband is British. We are living in England right now. We applied for our spouse visa and got refused today. We are appealing it and hopefully it will get approved,

Should it be denied we decided to move to America and stay with my mother until we get our life together and start a life in America. So my question is can we both go to America together? Can my mom sponser us?

I really don't want to be long distance with my own husband, makes me extremely upset and will do what it takes to make sure it never happens again.

Any sort of advice will be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

• Liked: 957
Re: Moving to America with my British husband, visa help! Advice ect.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:15:39 AM »
Hi there
I'm American and my husband is British. We are living in England right now. We applied for our spouse visa and got refused today. We are appealing it and hopefully it will get approved,

Should it be denied we decided to move to America and stay with my mother until we get our life together and start a life in America. So my question is can we both go to America together? Can my mom sponser us?

I really don't want to be long distance with my own husband, makes me extremely upset and will do what it takes to make sure it never happens again.

Any sort of advice will be greatly appreciated.. thanks.
If you post the reason for refusal the folks here are great at helping people re-apply and be approved if they were missing documents or evidence. Appealing generally isn't recommended because that process is expensive and takes a very long time, and unless UKVI made a mistake the decision will stand. You can't add any documents or missing information to an appeal, you would have to submit a new application if something was missing.

As far as moving to the US instead, it's a much lengthier process but "easier" in the financial requirements as you can have a co-sponsor. My husband and I are looking at a 12 month wait right now and it might be longer when Trump takes office (which may result in me still going to England, I'm just too sick to make the move & sell or rent my house right now.) The focus on this forum is mainly getting US spouses to the UK.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab