Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Seattle to London, potentially!  (Read 1743 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Seattle to London, potentially!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
Nobody liked them because a billionaire bought them where money was no issue  ;). However, most teams are headed that way now, even Manchester United.

It's a tactic that has worked well for Chelsea. I'm a Liverpool supporter so I've watched them plenty of times at Anfield. One thing that you need to help them with is their chants! 'Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea' seems to be their only chant haha. English football for me is the most exciting sports league in the world. You've chosen well  ;D

We've got plenty of songs, though I do agree the one you noted is a bit simplistic.

Don't forget 'Blue Is The Colour'!
Glasgow Rangers supporter, here.... my English team is Tranmere Rovers.  :)

Nobody really sings that one. They pump it through the speakers before the games start. The Liquidator, too.

My favo(u)rite songs are:

Willian's song (because it takes the piss out of Spurs)
Keep the Blue Flag Flying High
Over Land and Sea
Ten Men Went to Mow

---

And yeah, Chelsea got the rep because of Roman, but like you said loads of teams are heading that way. Liverpool and United with American ownership, too! What I hate seeing is when foreign owners come in and change the entire culture of the club. Look at poor Cardiff.

• Liked: 107
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »
And yeah, Chelsea got the rep because of Roman, but like you said loads of teams are heading that way. Liverpool and United with American ownership, too! What I hate seeing is when foreign owners come in and change the entire culture of the club. Look at poor Cardiff.

Liverpool have American owners but haven't spent money like it's going out of fashion, like United with Pogba, for instance.

I like FSG, I like what they've done for the club. They don't get too involved. I also like how someone finally gave Liverpool the stadium capacity they deserve and gave us a £150m interest free loan for the new stand.

Chelsea are being boring and keep winning. Come on guys, make the last few weeks interesting and lose a few games will you?!  ;D
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 585
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »

Nobody really sings that one. They pump it through the speakers before the games start.

Yeah, I was joking.  It probably hasn't been sung there for at least 20 years!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
Well, we have arrived and have both started work!

We've both just sent in our applications for our National Insurance Numbers and have had a rental offer accepted on a flat in the north of London.

Thanks to everyone for their tips and encouragement!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab