Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Savings requirement with children?  (Read 3543 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Savings requirement with children?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »
So it likely that they comb the statements and look at each day's balance to see if you dip below 62,500 at the exchange rate for that day?

I am now over 62500, but as mentioned who knows what the exchange rate will be on that day.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »
So it likely that they comb the statements and look at each day's balance to see if you dip below 62,500 at the exchange rate for that day?

I am now over 62500, but as mentioned who knows what the exchange rate will be on that day.

Yes, they will absolutely scrutinize the statements to make sure the balance doesn't drop below the required amount.
When you get to the point of applying, make sure that the exchange rate is favorable on that day and if it is not, do not apply on that day, rather wait until it is.

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2017, 05:52:22 PM »
Yes, they will absolutely scrutinize the statements to make sure the balance doesn't drop below the required amount.
When you get to the point of applying, make sure that the exchange rate is favorable on that day and if it is not, do not apply on that day, rather wait until it is.

Yes, trying to remind myself of the verbiage of not dropping below the required amount.

On a side note, the exchange rate can fluctuate in a day which can make a difference too. I pretty much watch the exchange rate down to the thousandths. I don't have much of a safety cushion and I was wondering if the act of applying is granular as to what time you applied?

Example: Today's exchange rate is 1.24 but it might be 1.25 when I point and click if that is how it goes anyways.

This feels alot like gambling to me.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »
Yes, trying to remind myself of the verbiage of not dropping below the required amount.

On a side note, the exchange rate can fluctuate in a day which can make a difference too. I pretty much watch the exchange rate down to the thousandths. I don't have much of a safety cushion and I was wondering if the act of applying is granular as to what time you applied?

Example: Today's exchange rate is 1.24 but it might be 1.25 when I point and click if that is how it goes anyways.

This feels alot like gambling to me.

They use the closing spot rate so if you wait until the markets close before you submit your application, you will know for sure that you have made it.

(f) Income or cash savings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling using the closing spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com* on the date of application. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
Great advice! Thanks.

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 09:37:10 PM »
So in reality, even though I just saved over 62500 pounds by today's exchange rate on say 2/15/17, I have to wait until I get 6 statements showing that amount or higher?

If that is the case, is there any way to get a "snapshot" from my bank proving that between 2/15/17 and 8/15/17 I met the threshold every day?

I know there it is about 2 weeks difference. Just asking. Want to get it out of the way ASAP.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
If you keep your savings in dollars you are always going to be subject to exchange rate fluctuation.  Can you transfer your cash to a UK account?

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 10:43:14 PM »
If you keep your savings in dollars you are always going to be subject to exchange rate fluctuation.  Can you transfer your cash to a UK account?

That is a GREAT idea....but I am sure that at 62500 they'd be skimming off the top profiting somehow from the exchange rate.

Willing to chance it at this point. Trump vs Brexit Brexit vs Trump lol.

As long as the exchange rate is favorable on the evening of the application I am ok.

The only real issue at this point is what constitutes 6 months. 6 months could mean up to 6 months and 29 days for someone depending on the timing of bank statements.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
You could always go into the bank on the right day after 6 months and ask them to print you a statement. That's an official bank statement. :)

You wouldn't have to wait to get the usual one in the post that way.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 11:02:11 PM »
You could always go into the bank on the right day after 6 months and ask them to print you a statement. That's an official bank statement. :)

You wouldn't have to wait to get the usual one in the post that way.

So regular statements that are posted are suitable? That is interesting. I thought that I had to go to the bank and do something special?

I just received a different Entry Clearance for certain work in the UK (not Tier 2) and I just submitted online copies and they were ok with it lol.

Do you think I can ask my bank to print me 6 months of statments from 2/15/17? That might be a question for the bank.

Thank you.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
Nope!

A lot of people have paperless statements and those are not acceptable by UKVI as they aren't originals. If that makes sense? But ones posted to you by the bank or printed by the bank are acceptable.

Apparently my Fiance visa was approved off of home printed bank statements. My husband only told me that this month. I would have killed him if I'd have known that back then.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »
You need original statements which are those you receive by post.  If not original they need to be authenticated by the bank.  Authentication is either by stamping every page or a letter on bank letterhead. 

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »
You need original statements which are those you receive by post.  If not original they need to be authenticated by the bank.  Authentication is either by stamping every page or a letter on bank letterhead.

Thank you both and yep, I submitted paper statements for the other Visa type and no problems...but hey that is for another mysterious Visa type that I aint positing on here lol.

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
So just to make sure I have my facts straight here:

1) I can save up the paper (not-paperless statements for 6 months and call it good)?

Yes or no?

2) If my bank decides to issue my next statement on 3/15/17 showing that I had obviously met the 62,500 on 3/15/17, but I have actually held the money in the bank since 2/17/17, the time between 2/17/17 and 3/15/17 doesn't "count" as having held anything? In other words, I have to have statements for 3/4/5/6/7/8 of 2017 before applying end of story? Actually that would be statements of 4/5/6/7/8/9 2017 depending on the date that the statement activity first showed 62500 or higher.

or as Lyonaria mentioned....(if I understood correctly) go to the bank on exactly 2/17/17 and tell them to give me some sort of written proof e.g. a huge statement indicating that I held the money in the bank for 6 months from 2/17/17?

My bank doesn't seem to be able to do that for me when I called them.

Even if the bank printed a statement for me at the end of exactly 6 months, then wouldn't that just be a statement for the last month?

So....

7.4.1. Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the applicant, their partner or the couple jointly. The savings can be from any legal source, including a gift from a family member or other third party, provided the source of the cash savings is declared. The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been held in their bank account for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application

The verbiage "evidence" of 6 months seems to give me some leeway, but there seems to be something else official that shows it needs to be in the form of official statements. Am I missing some other information?

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:37:27 PM by us2uk4me »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab