Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where can Trumps inaugaration be watched in public in London?  (Read 3622 times)

• Liked: 0
Where can Trumps inaugaration be watched in public in London?
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:45:14 PM »
Hello,
I am a Brit living in London and with others just bursting with excitement about the future president Trump and the glorious possibilities of his presidency.I know not everyone feels quite the same and I apologise if you do not. I am wondering if you are able to tell me where the inauguration will be publicly viewable. I would like to have a good drink and a nice knees up with others of like mind.

God bless America and happy New  Year.
jon Valentine
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:55:16 PM by jwvalentine »

• Liked: 537
Re: Where can Trumps inaugaration be watched in public in London?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »
Uhm. Try Google.

Most of us are far from enthused about this.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 01:26:48 PM »
 I have been googling away I swear. Oh I'm so pumped for Trump got my hat and a t-shirt. Does anyone know where I can get banners in London? Desperate to be a part of all the joyful excitement that filled so many American hearts this year gone. Wonderful times. Sorry again I know not everyone will agree (yet).

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »
Oh dear...

Well another thread on here asking for a Trump supporter to interview did not seem to prove successful, so not sure you will get an answer on that. However I am sure a news channel will be showing it live. I'm thinking there's a Republicans in the UK group or something that might help.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
I have a feeling I will be getting drunk too...
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 05:17:46 PM »
I have a feeling I will be getting drunk too...

Same here ... but I definitely will not be watching.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »
But then there will be waking up the next day....the cold kitchen....the acrid coffee...the sandpaper eyelids...

What a strange alcoholic dream! What was it? That guy....the one from TV, with the hairdo...he had become president of something...Ted Nugent and Chachi were there....

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 08:16:56 PM »
With respect it will hardly be the same watching Trumps inauguration on Infowars alone in my underpants as watching with a buoyant half drunk crowd.
His speeches have been awesome and he works the crowd.
Surely his worst enemy cannot deny the entertainment he brings.
This man has triumphed almost alone against the banks, the media, the military industrial complex.
He has fought them and he has won.
He has beat them all Trump has beaten them all.
It will be superb spectacle and great drama will it not?
Sorry sorry I am a total fanboy I can't even pretend to be balanced in truth.
surely somewhere must be showing it ?
Are there any bars that show fox news even.
Would be a downer to be among haters I guess if all ex pats are so anti
might be back to the underpants.
regards

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:22:06 PM by jwvalentine »

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 09:59:52 AM »
has triumphed almost alone against the banks

Well..

I will give you this though, no doors will be kicked in the following day. Protests, if they get out of hand, will be dealt with...with anyone arrested allowed their day in court to test legality. The mechanisms have been creaky this time around....but it all looks constitutionally sound.

So there will be a peaceful - if grumpy(which is fine too) - handing over of power. For those upset, there is a constitutional method to change it all.

• Liked: 36
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »
Hi,

In order to watch the inauguration of Trump in the UK, you'll need to pay/donate to one of Trumps businesses. This will ensure that you get a passcode so that you can enter it into either the mobile device you'll be using or provide it to your cable/satellite operator so that they can decode the channel for you. I do believe those companies along with the terrestrial ITV/Channel4/5 channels may also add an additional charge as well. I believe the donation/payment level is around the £199 level.

If you want to watch it in a pub etc, then you'll need to ask around your local area or further afield as to which pubs might have paid the commercial fee to Trump's businesses in order to show the event live and in public. The fee for that to pub landlords is quite high at around £7500, so be prepared for being charged an entrance fee of around £129-149 to enter the pub.

Cheers, DtM ! West London & Slough UK!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 04:36:41 PM »
You can also pay £150 to the GRU (Glavnoye Razvedyvatel'noye Upravleniye) and they will stream it to your mobile phone.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 01:52:26 PM »
So, a serious answer, even if I'm not sure the OP was being serious. And loads of maturity and mutual respect in response. But, in case anyone does care:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »
I'm sure there won't be a dry eye in the house when Trump is laying a wreath at Arlington.  I know it will be pretty emotional for me.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
I am absolutely dreading tomorrow!!!

• Liked: 36
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
I am absolutely dreading tomorrow!!!

I, along with many millions of others are dreading the next four years at least with this waste of valuable oxygen in the presidency!

I STILL live in the hope that once he's actually in, he quickly changes into actually doing things you'd expect of a President and ALLLLLLLLLL the utter bullsh*te he's uttered so far becomes the opposite of what he does!

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

Sponsored Links