Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30717 times)

• Liked: 92
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2017, 02:43:30 AM »
....I am spending loads of time with my family, and we are eating a lot of Florida seafood, which I shall miss.  My husband is just as bad, I found out today he has been checking the return tracking number.  We're doing the best we can, but it is an anxious time.

Katoo I'm a Floridian about to move too! Kind of wishing we weren't having such gorgeous weather right now!!  8) Where are you headed in the U.K.? We will be outside Glasgow. I'll add you to my buddy list!
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
Today, I stayed very busy (finished packing up kitchen) and forced myself to only check email every hour instead of multiple times an hour.  No news from Sheffield.  On the upside, my new shoes were delivered. :)

Oooo, new shoes.  I'm very envious.  I'm pregnant and I went to the office yesterday and my shoes were VERY squeezy all day.  Would have been nice to pretend my feet aren't getting fat too!

• Liked: 325
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »
Katoo I'm a Floridian about to move too! Kind of wishing we weren't having such gorgeous weather right now!!  8) Where are you headed in the U.K.? We will be outside Glasgow. I'll add you to my buddy list!

We have rented a cottage in a place called Bleasdale for two moths starting on April 1.  Bleasdale is in Northern England in the Pinnines and it's very beautiful.  Not sure where we'll end up, except that it will be in n. England.  We want a village.  I particularly like Garstang.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »
Hello Everyone!
This is my first time posting, but like many I have been following the thread regularly! I was hoping someone could offer me a little advice.

I was a little anxious, and asked about my non priority Settlement Visa status via the email service on Feb. 22 after submitting my application on January 17th (On Feb. 22, my employer informed me that they would be filling my position by the end of the month) That day, I received an email back stating my visa had been processed and a decision had been made. I was also asked to provide some additional information to "escalate my case". Since then I have checked my tracking number( again and again and again.. etc.) and email asking why it hasn't been sent. They told me that it was still within their service standard, and that an Entry Clearance Officer would contact me when a decision has been made. Which is where I am confused, because I though a decision had been made?

Like everyone, its taking a huge toll on my emotional well being, as well as my husband's since I call everyday crying and asking what could be taking so long.

I do need to add that I was asked for additional documents on Feb 2. I was asked to provide two additional documents, my bank statements and a letter of employment from my employer. I did provide BOTH of these documents when I sent my application initially. Also, we both meet the financial requirements!

Like everyone I just want to be with my husband and since everyone is receiving decisions back so quickly I am getting increasingly nervous!

Thanks to anyone who has any advice, all and any would be appreciated... even if its as my husband says "Be patient".

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:58:40 PM by KFuhrma3 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
Since then I have checked my tracking number( again and again and again.. etc.) and email asking why it hasn't been sent. They told me that it was still within their service standard, and that an Entry Clearance Officer would contact me when a decision has been made. Which is where I am confused, because I though a decision had been made?

Ah, I'm assuming you contacted the 'enquiry service' through the UKVI website? If so, they are known for giving out inaccurate information. They actually have no access to your application and are just a random call centre nowhere near Sheffield. They probably just entered your GWF number into a computer and then read off what it said on the screen... which may not have been accurate.

There was actually no way that a decision could have been made on your application at that time, because you were later contacted asked to send more information... which means they had not processed your visa yet, because they didn't have all the documents required to make a decision..

Who asked you to provide more information? Did the email come directly from Sheffield themselves?

Emails from the direct Sheffield email address is the only one you can trust because they actually have your application in their hands, whereas the enquiry service have never seen your application.

I do need to add that I was asked for additional documents on Feb 2. I was asked to provide two additional documents, my bank statements and a letter of employment from my employer. I did provide BOTH of these documents when I sent my application initially. Also, we both meet the financial requirements!

Exactly what documents did you send for the financial requirement, and exactly which documents did they request?

The documents you have to send are very specific, have to be in a certain format and dated within a certain period of time. If even one document is missing, they can refuse the visa.

« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
Hello,
Yes, I did go through the UKVI Website! That makes sense that the information they gave me is false because it doesn't makes sense that its taken now 2 weeks to send my visa. Sounds like this has happened either to you, or someone you may have read about, so its a shame they are misleading so many of us in what is already a stressful time.

VisaSheffield was who I received the email from asking to provide additional documents. That email was on February 2, and I sent them back all the documents they asked for that night. I initially provided them with my actual paychecks, but then I emailed them copies of my bank statements which showed I deposited my checks into my accounts. I also had my employer write a formal letter stating my length of employment, and my salary. 

Hoping you are going to say thats exactly the info the need!

Thank you so much for your help!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:33:14 PM by KFuhrma3 »

« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »
Hello,
Yes, I did go through the UKVI Website! That makes sense that the information they gave me is false because it doesn't makes sense that its taken now 2 weeks to send my visa. Sounds like this has happened either to you, or someone you may have read about, so its a shame they are misleading so many of us in what is already a stressful time.

VisaSheffield was who I received the email from asking to provide additional documents. That email was on February 2, and I sent them back all the documents they asked for that night. I initially provided them with my actual paychecks, but then I emailed them copies of my bank statements which showed I deposited my checks into my accounts. I also had my employer write a formal letter stating my length of employment, and my salary. 

Hoping you are going to say thats exactly the info the need!

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes, sounds like you've now sent the required information.  But I'm confused.  Are you the applicant or the sponsor?  The payslips, bank statements, and employment letter should be from the sponsor, not the applicant. 

« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2017, 04:41:25 PM »
They asked for me to provide my bank statements and letter from my employer...

I am the applicant (American) my husband (British obviously) is my sponsor.

« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2017, 04:51:10 PM »

Are you sure they wanted it from you?  As your income cannot be considered for a UK visa (it can be for an extension).

I'm just thinking this is what's delaying your application.  The payslips, bank statements, and employment letter (and also P60 and job contract) should be from your husband.  Did you include those in your original application?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2017, 04:54:15 PM »

Yes, that is odd, because they cannot consider ANY of your income for the visa and your employment is irrelevant.

However, your UK sponsor MUST provide ALL of the following:
- 6 months of original payslips showing at least £1,550 per month before tax
- 6 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip
- a letter from his employer stating:
1) current role and salary,
2) length of employment,
3) length of time earning current salary
4) type of employment

Optional but recommended:
- original job contract
- latest P60

If any of these documents are missing from the application, it will be refused.

« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
Hello again,
I just double checked my email and application to make sure I didn't switch things. Everything we submitted was correct on the app, and I double checked with my husband and we provided his paychecks which has his P60 info, bank statements and a letter from his employer.

The email they sent me was addressed to me and asked for my bank statements and letter from my employer. Do you think they meant to ask for his information and not mine?

Do you think I should email Sheffield with his documents?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:12:42 PM by KFuhrma3 »

« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
Hello again,
I just double checked my email and application to make sure I didn't switch things. Everything we submitted was correct on the app, and I double checked with my husband and we provided his paychecks which has his P60 info, bank statements and a letter from his employer.

The email they sent me was addressed to me and asked for my bank statements and letter from my employer. Do you think they meant to ask for his information and not mine?

Do you think I should email Sheffield with his documents?

I'm not too sure what to recommend.  I've not heard of them asking for info from the applicant before.

We're the payslips, bank statements, and employment letter originals?  Wet signature, not printed from the Internet?  If so, I'd rest assured you sent what they needed.  If not, I'd be inclined to believe they wanted the originals for your husband.

« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »
Thank you both for you advice. I am going to resend both of our information and hopefully that will help??

Thank you both again for all your help!!

« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2017, 07:19:44 PM »
Thank you both for you advice. I am going to resend both of our information and hopefully that will help??

Thank you both again for all your help!!

What exactly did the email say that you received?

« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2017, 08:16:15 PM »
The one which asked for my documents or said that it had been processed?

Sponsored Links