Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30566 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2017, 08:17:24 PM »
The one which asked for my documents or said that it had been processed?

The one that asked for the documents.   :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
It is addressed to me and says...
Please provide the following documents in connection to my UK Settlement App.

an employment letter from your employer
a bank statement starting from June 2016 showing your salary

And that I should send them to the Visa sheffield home office email.

I didn't copy paste, because it says not to, but that is almost identical to what it says!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2017, 08:39:57 PM »

I didn't copy paste, because it says not to, but that is almost identical to what it says!

Ah, okay, despite the wording, it HAS to mean your sponsor's employer letter and his bank statement from June 2016... because there is no reason for them to need a bank statement from June 2016 from you, or an employer letter.

Which months of his payslips and bank statements did you send with your original package?

If you applied on 17th January (as your previous post mentioned), it was mandatory to send ALL of your sponsor's payslips and bank statements covering the entire period from 17th June 2016 to 17th January 2017.

So, if you didn't include his June 2016 payslip, they can't issue the visa... which will be why they requested it. Same goes with the employer letter - if you didn't send a letter from his employer in the original package, they also cannot issue the visa.

And if you didn't send both of these, they will have no choice but to refuse the visa.

I guess all you can do for now is maybe try to re-send the correct documents, explaining what happened, and hope they accept them. However, since it's been over a month, I'm not sure they will consider them now, since it will be past the deadline they gave you.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to wait until they make a decision and mail everything back to you.

« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

I would have thought they were asking for the sponsors financials.  Did they give you a date to provide it by?  And did you send by email or post?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »
I previously emailed them the documents because it said to email them to visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk .  I just re-emailed both of our letters of employment and bank statements from June.

I agree that they must of meant his, but they clearly asked for mine, and the email was addressed to me too. I should have questioned it earlier, but I thought they might need them to see I am "employable" and can hold a job??

They didn't give me a date to provide them by either... is this normal?

I submitted his letter of employment from his employer and all of his bank statements with my application, so I am not sure why they would be asking for them again either.

Either way, fingers crossed since I resending the email with documents that things will be in order!

Thank you so much to you two for helping me navigate through this!  :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:53:17 PM by KFuhrma3 »

« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
I think the only other thing you can do, is have your spouse contact his MP and see if they can find out if UKVI now has the correct information...  maybe give it a week or so and then do that.

« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2017, 09:05:30 PM »
I agree that they must of meant his, but they clearly asked for mine, and the email was addressed to me too. I should have questioned it earlier, but I thought they might need them to see I am "employable" and can hold a job??

Well, they will only ever email you anyway - they never contact the sponsor, but if they need more documents from the sponsor, you will get the email requesting them. However, I would have thought they would have specified that they required the sponsor's documents not 'yours'.

They are actually not even allowed to consider your employability - I believe it's explicitly written in the immigration rules that they can't. Only the sponsor's income and employment is allowed to be considered. Maybe they assumed you were aware of that and would know that they wanted the sponsor's documents?

They didn't give me a date to provide them by either... is this normal?

Normally they should give you a deadline within which to email the documents back.

The guidance states:

(b) If the applicant:

(i) Has submitted:
(aa) A sequence of documents and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (e.g. if one bank statement from a series is missing);
(bb) A document in the wrong format (for example, if a letter is not on letterhead paper as specified); or
(cc) A document that is a copy and not an original document; or
(dd) A document which does not contain all of the specified information; or
(ii) Has not submitted a specified document,

the decision-maker may contact the applicant or his representative in writing or otherwise, and request the document(s) or the correct version(s). The material requested must be received at the address specified in the request within a reasonable timescale specified in the request.

I submitted his letter of employment from his employer and all of his bank statements with my application, so I am not sure why they would be asking for them again either.

Were they all in date and original? I'm just trying to find a reason why they might have asked for them again (other than them being overlooked by accident).

The employer letter must be dated no earlier than 28 days of the online application date, and the bank statements must all be either original or stamped by the bank on every page.

Either way, fingers crossed since I resending the email with documents that things will be in order!

Thank you so much to you two for helping me navigate through this!  :)

Fingers crossed that you get this sorted out soon :).

• Liked: 56
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
Hi all,

I truly believed I would've heard back by now going by the fast responses received by those who applied just before me with non-priority.

And it seems like it's all slowed down as there are about three people on here who applied around the same time as me with priority who haven't heard back. Is this normal?? Why have they managed to process some applications so quickly and why have they now appeared to have slowed down?!

Reading this back I realise I sound over anxious and slightly crazy.. but like all of us,  I am a ball of nerves!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:27:35 AM by OPA17 »
Impatient Brit waiting on a spouse visa for her American husband..
Non Priority application received by Sheffield on February 27 2017
Decision Email : May 16th

2017 Timeline
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »
Yep, it's normal - Jan and Feb are fast months and then from March onwards it gets slower because more people start applying in preparation for moving in the summer.

A few years ago when they switched from processing settlement visas in NYC to Sheffield, someone accidentally sent their application to NYC instead of Sheffield.

At the time, in early Feb, processing in Sheffield was only about 1 week. However, it took NYC about a month to return their documents and tell them to send the application to Sheffield instead. By the time the application made it to Sheffield in March, processing times had increased to over 1 month... and the visa was not actually issued until May!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:42:26 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2017, 12:09:22 PM »
Totally normal for processing times to change overnight. 

As we get into April/May, non-priority willl stretch to 4/5 months!  Possibly longer as Sheffield is processing for more countries.

You've applied at a good time though.  It won't be long before you hear!

• Liked: 56
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »
Thanks so much for your replies. I don't know what I'd do without this forum!
Impatient Brit waiting on a spouse visa for her American husband..
Non Priority application received by Sheffield on February 27 2017
Decision Email : May 16th

• Liked: 4
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »
Totally normal for processing times to change overnight.

And overnight it seems to have done!  A non-priority application received in Sheffield on Feb 23 was approved March 2 (6 business days) and yet a priority application received only 2 days later is still waiting.

Looking forward to hearing from Chikristin, OPA17, and Katoo (whose documents were received before mine), GuyP (received same day) and Ashlynnray28 and StevieReed (day after)!

• Liked: 14
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:52 PM »
And overnight it seems to have done!  A non-priority application received in Sheffield on Feb 23 was approved March 2 (6 business days) and yet a priority application received only 2 days later is still waiting.

Looking forward to hearing from Chikristin, OPA17, and Katoo (whose documents were received before mine), GuyP (received same day) and Ashlynnray28 and StevieReed (day after)!

Oh no. I'm so bummed out to hear this!! 

I have my biometrics tomorrow morning and am sending it all out right after. We tried to get everything g together as soon as possible with my husband moving back in February 9th....hopefully our early March waits won't be too daunting!  :-[

• Liked: 28
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2017, 12:51:13 AM »
I'm hoping at the moment that processing times have slowed down a few days. Everything was happening so fast for so many and I'm just hoping there wasn't a problem with anything. I can't think that there would be, we meet all the requirements and provided all the evidence. My gut feeling would be that I will get an email midweek next week but who knows.....it will make for a long weekend, that's for sure. I just keep telling myself that it has only been 4 working days since I got the documents received email so it really isn't that long, even if it feels like forever!
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

• Liked: 97
« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2017, 01:12:06 AM »
I know I got very lucky with my processing( sent on the 17th of Feb docs received the 20th, email to say visa processed on the 24th, got everything back on the 27th as approved) and it was non priority.

mine was really weird because I received an email saying they had received my application on the Saturday after sending my documents and they weren't even there!! I thought something was wrong, but as usual everyone on here calmed me down!

I would bet they have just started to get an influx of people planning summer weddings and moves as well as visitor visas. Could be as simple as people have taken holiday time so less people.

hang in there, we are all rooting for you guys. And if you followed the advice on here I would also bet you are all more than fine!!!

hopefully we can all plan a meet up sometime soon! celebrate our new lives with some drinks :)
Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

Sponsored Links