Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30740 times)

• Liked: 11
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm watching out for you too, you were the first person to respond on the march 2017 thread I started, agonizing isn't it, even though you know you can do nothing other than wait.
Ours was received 2 Mar. No news yet today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 28
« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
Ours was recieved 1st Mar but confirmation email sent the 3rd...nothing for us today either  :-\\\\
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

• Liked: 19
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2017, 05:19:12 PM »
nothing today either

• Liked: 11
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2017, 05:47:04 PM »
nothing today either
Nothing

• Liked: 13
« Reply #514 on: March 25, 2017, 05:10:05 PM »
Hi there! I'm now in Los Angeles as I flew back here two weeks ago to submit the application.

I'm really nervous since things seem to have quieted down so much in comparison to February. Before I left England I noticed many people were going away on holiday so I wonder if it's slowing down because of this.

Here's our current timeline for a PRIORITY spousal visa

Online application submitted:               Monday March 13, 2017
Biometrics completed:                         Tuesday March 14, 2017
Documents shipped via VFS UPS:        Tuesday March 14, 2017
Confirmation of delivery from UPS:       Monday March 20, 2017
Confirmation of receipt from Sheffield:  Monday March 20, 2017

Just something to note about the Biometrics: I was worried this appointment would delay the application process for us. We originally got our Biometrics appointment for Friday March 17th but someone had recommended walking in before our application so we tried it and it worked!

We got there first thing in the morning before it got busy and they accepted us earlier so we didn't have to wait until Friday and were able to send our documents a few days earlier  :)

Another random note about the VFS UPS shipping: when we went to the UPS store to ship our package they told us that the shipping label we had was for the "saver" option and it would take at least one week to arrive in England. Whereas they also offered a "2-day" shipping option so it would get there sooner.

This is just something to keep in mind if you're in a rush. I wish I would've known this as I would've opted for the 2-day delivery vs a one-week delivery. (Although since it's currently so slow I guess it wouldn't have mattered right now  :-\\\\ )

I'm also going to post this in the March Timeline thread as I'm not sure which one's most active...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:20:32 PM by alexgirl82 »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #515 on: March 25, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
I thought all the VFS Global shipping was 2-day shipping?

How did you manage to buy saver shipping when it isn't even an option on the VFS website? If you paid the $227 shipping fee I would make a complaint to VFS because that's the price of 2-day shipping and it should NOT have taken over a week to be delivered.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #516 on: March 25, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »
I thought all the VFS Global shipping was 2-day shipping?

How did you manage to buy saver shipping when it isn't even an option on the VFS website? If you paid the $227 shipping fee I would make a complaint to VFS because that's the price of 2-day shipping and it should NOT have taken over a week to be delivered.

Looks like it took 2 weeks

• Liked: 13
« Reply #517 on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Looks like it took 2 weeks

oops! I had my dates wrong...I just fixed them.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #518 on: March 26, 2017, 12:29:47 AM »
So this is now the second forum I join, our non-priority visa application was submitted online on January 11th and we are still waiting.  I've read about lots of other non-priority applications being approved with dates after our application and I don't know what is going on. I decided to join here to try and help pass the time during the weekends.  Luckily I'm still currently employed so the weekdays are easier as work is hectic and limits my ability to sit and refresh my e-mail.  I'm hoping the more I busy myself with getting my frustrations out there for strangers the less I annoy my husband by whining about how we should have gone with priority, or my many theories of why we still have not heard anything. I think the worse part will be if after this long wait, we get refused.  I feel it would be more bearable to be refused sooner and then you can work on a resubmitting than having waited so long only to get negative news. 

Anyhow, here is my timeline:

Country submitted from: USA
Non-priority Spouse visa submitted online January 01, 2017
Biometrics January 17, 2017
Docs delivered to Sheffield Office January 23, 2017
E-mail confirming receipt of online application January 29,2017
E-mail requesting courier label and second e-mail indicating to disregard request January 31, 2017

I know now that I will have to provide a courier label or a UPS number because unfortunately we provided a return label for the docs to be returned to my husband in England for him to then mail the passport to me (an attempt to save money as Royal Mail sent us his passport while he was in the states for much cheaper than UPS).  I know now that they will only return the docs to the applicant.  I'm wondering if their e-mail asking for a courier label and then the second e-mail indicating to disregard the request because it was sent in error has somehow delayed things for us.

One of my theories is that they perhaps thought our application was submitted from within the UK due to the return label being for a UK address, but I think those applications get processed in like 8 weeks and we are past that.  I'm just hoping that they don't reject us thinking we have filed the incorrect application causing more delay. 

I e-mailed through the online status thing and got back a request to submit certain information so that they could escalate our request, however, it has been 3 working days since I sent the information they requested and we have not heard anything.

I have the e-mail address from the e-mail they sent me about the courier label, but I've been sitting on a draft e-mail to them with an UPS account number for fear of ticking someone off by sending it since they did ask me to disregard the original request.

This whole thing has been so frustrating but I guess I can't blame anyone other than myself for not knowing what I know now about the return label and other things that I've realized I've missed on our application (i.e. like writing the insurance number on the application).   :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'( Lets just hope I get a decision soon or I'll likely end up on who knows how many more forums  :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:05:42 AM by ConsuelaLemonPledge »
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

• Liked: 97
« Reply #519 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:30 AM »
wow that sounds very difficult! my non priority was received to Sheffield on the 22nd of February and I had my visa back on the 27th of feb. so looks like maybe something is going on. Do you have a list of documents you submitted? Maybe if we can see what you sent we may be able to suggest what is holding it up. Though its odd they wouldn't have asked you for additional information.

One suggestion made on this forum a lot is to get your husband's mp involved. They have more pull to get information for you. The information service is useless.

when you say insurance number to you mean your nhs receipt? you need to put the payment receipt in with your documents, not just write the number on the application.

Met Dublin Ireland- July 2013
Long distance from November 2014-2016
Married 😍 in NYC :6th of January 2017
Spouse Visa Approved!! : 27th of February 2017
Moved to UK: 28th of April 2017

Applied FLR(M)-  12th January 2020
Biometrics- 20th of January 2020

« Reply #520 on: March 26, 2017, 02:16:51 AM »
when you say insurance number to you mean your nhs receipt? you need to put the payment receipt in with your documents, not just write the number on the application.

No, you don't - the number is all you need... you just write it on the application and they will see you've paid it.

« Reply #521 on: March 26, 2017, 02:28:09 AM »
ConsuelaLemonPledge - the hold up is likely to be due to the request for extra documents... if you didn't send all the required documents, it can hold up the application for several weeks, while they ask you for new documents and then process the visa after they get them - it's only been 3 working days since you sent them, and I would suggest it could be another couple of weeks before you hear back. Also, not putting the IHS number on the application could be another reason for the hold up as they cannot process the visa without that number - it's an automatic refusal if you haven't paid the IHS fee. Have they asked you to provide the number since?

I doubt they think it's a UK-based application because those are processed in Durham, not Sheffield. If they thought it was UK-based they would have returned the documents and told you to apply for a different visa... and that has only happened once before here on the forum - when the UK sponsor sent the documents from a UK address and they got confused because of the originating address and the application and documents were returned to him without being processed.

Btw, I would NEVER recommend mailing a passport via Royal Mail - you were very lucky that his passport even made it to the US - usually important documents like that get stuck in US customs for weeks and sometimes get lost forever. I would ALWAYS mail it UPS/DHL/FedEx.

« Reply #522 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:08 AM »
Hey Ksand24, actually let me clarify.  I didn't receive a request for documentation.  When I submitted an online request for status, the inquiry service sent me back an e-mail the next day asking to provide things like GW number, passport number, full name, date of birth etc. which apparently they need in order to "escalate" my request for status.  I'm guessing they use this information to maybe e-mail the HO to try and track the status of my application.  I have used the online inquiry service 2 times, the first time, they just responded by e-mail to indicate that the application has not yet been assessed, this was back in February.  Since it had been 3 weeks since my online inquiry and I still had not heard anything and we were only about 2 weeks away from the 12 week mark, I submitted another request to see what the status was...that's when I got an e-mail asking for "basic" information to try and escalate my request.

Royal mail was so cheap and sent it to us so quickly that we thought..."hey we should do that"...my husband I think has lots of faith in the Royal mail lol.  I have a UPS account though and I've just been debating on sending the e-mail with it or waiting for them to request it b/c they did ask me to disregard the initial request.

I have received exactly 4 e-mails (not counting the ones from the inquiry service) regarding my application. 
1. The e-mail confirming receipt on January 29
2. The e-mail asking for a courier label on January 31
3. The second January 31 e-mail received like 2 minutes later asking me to disregard the request for the courier label as it was sent in error
4. An e-mail on February 2nd asking for a divorce certificate to some person I don't know, and I've never been married before so I just assumed it was sent to my e-mail address in error and I disregarded it.

Yeah I missed that the e-mail you get when you make the insurance payment instructs to write it on the application :(.  Since we haven't hit the 12 week mark which is the minimum time they require, we have been holding until then before we try to get the MP involved.  April 5th I believe is our 12 week mark.

I'm just crossing my fingers that we do not receive an e-mail about this whole "pause" that is happening for applications.

With regards to the documentation we submitted. Here is a list of what we submitted, hopefully I remember it all:

Application (on US paper, tried to order A4 paper from amazon and they sent me regular 8.5 x 11 size)
Appendix 2
Letter from applicant
Letter from sponsor
Notarized copy of Husband's passport bio page
Copy of husband's passport page with stamps showing travel to US
Marriage license
My brand new passport and my prior passport that covered travel for past 10 years
passport photos (not UK size, completely forgot about this)

Accommodations:
Letter from husband's father indicating he's allowing us to stay with him
Land registry information for father's home
Utility bill showing husband's father's address
2015/2016 and 2016/2017 council tax for husband's father

Financial:
I guess our application is not the standard application.  My husband receives carer's benefits so I believe we are exempt from the min income requirement but we must show we meet the maintenance requirement so we included:
6 months of bank account statements to prove that we meet that maintenance requirement
Applicant paystubs for December (though not required, I did state that my employer is letting me continue to work once I move so I didn't know if that would help anything)
Carer's benefit letter for sponsor
One bank account statement showing last carer's benefit payment

Relationship:
a few photos of us together throughout the years 
We only had one photo from the wedding of us that we included.
Mailing labels showing gifts and such that we have sent to each other
whatsapp chats with dates for 2016
call logs, we included like one page from each year (had too many too include all) that shows we have maintained contact throughout the years

I think I got all that we provided, I may have to double check.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:00:41 AM by ConsuelaLemonPledge »
UK Spouse Visa

2017 Timeline
« Reply #523 on: March 26, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »
Ah, okay - well, the enquiry service is just a call centre that has no access to your application... often 'escalating the application' doesn't actually do anything at all. Some people have even speculated that contacting them might even delay their application.

Regarding Royal Mail - my mum sent my brother an important US visa document with Royal Mail - without it he was going to have to leave the US - and it never arrived! He ended up having to ask Washington DC to issue a new visa document instead.

Ah, regarding the emails you received from Sheffield, I wonder if they have mixed up your application with someone else's... because you likely DO NEED to provide courier details since they can't return your passport to a U.K. address AND you probably should have questioned why you were receiving a request for someone else's documents... might be worth replying to it now to explain the situation - I wonder if someone else's visa could have been refused due to the email being sent to the wrong address.

Regarding your documents, it doesn't look like you missed anything... if anything, you sent too much:

- the paper size does not matter... 8.5 x 11 is fine

- the passport photo size does not matter... US size is fine

- you didn't need the council tax or utility bills from his father... but that's not a big deal

- you didn't need any of your pay stubs from the US as they are not allowed to consider your employment at all

- you only needed to send 1 photo anyway, 2 at most

Everything else looks good though.

I guess the hold up could then be due to the following:

- no IHS number on the application
- no return shipping label back to the US
- perhaps they have mixed up your application with someone else's... since you got those emails about divorce paperwork and courier information

As mentioned above, it might be worth replying to that email about the divorce paperwork, explaining that is not you and also explaining the issues with your application - you could give your IHS number and shipping information and hope they get it.

If that doesn't help, I would get your MP involved.

Since you applied in January you shouldn't be caught up in this 'pause' because that didn't start until the end of February and before that, priority applications were being processed in 2-5 days. If anything, you should have received your visa in early February.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:17:14 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2017, 03:25:49 AM »
Yeah when we got the e-mail about the divorce document, we contemplated reaching out.  However seeing that they didn't put a GW number, VAF number  or even the applicants name on the e-mail like they did when they sent me the one about the courier label (which did match my GW number) I didn't know how they would even track what application they initially meant to send it to.  I talked it over with my husband and since we had the other two e-mails that were sent to me in error we decided to just leave it.  We even thought it might have been like a scam, a masked e-mail address or something trying to get us to respond b/c the e-mail for the divorce documents was full of typos. Here is what we got:

"Thank you for submitting your application. To enable us to complete the processing of the application it will be nexecessay for you to submitt the Divorce Certificate of [name of person here]. Please submitt this in the next 7 days."

Since then, it has been me constantly asking my husband if he thinks I should just send the UPS account information until he finally said "yes send it" but I think it was mainly to stop me from asking him yet again :P....we are going to end up with a divorce and no need for the visa anyhow lol :P

It's good to hear the opinions here though because I try to ask co-workers and given the field of work I'm in the consensus was "wait until they ask for it or until you reach the 12 week mark"  we all know how it is when we have clients that are pestering for items which we have provided deadlines for etc...however, the "wait" approach is hard when your life is kind of in limbo.

I think I'm going to do as you suggest reach out directly to the e-mail address I received to provide my UPS account, and let them know I'm concerned since I have not heard further...I've just hesitated b/c I fear some sort of retribution or something for bugging them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:55:44 AM by ConsuelaLemonPledge »
UK Spouse Visa

Sponsored Links