Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK to US  (Read 533 times)

• Liked: 0
UK to US
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »
I am fairly new to this forum. I was hoping someone could please point me in the direction for my British fiancé to inquire about employment in the US.

We are finding it very difficult because most US positions require security clearance or they require that the applicant be a US citizen.

He and I are feeling very discouraged and a bit of despair currently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Liked: 0
Re: UK to US
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:43:41 AM »
I am fairly new to this forum. I was hoping someone could please point me in the direction for my British fiancé to inquire about employment in the US.

We are finding it very difficult because most US positions require security clearance or they require that the applicant be a US citizen.

Hi AZ78, does your fiancé currently live in the US? What type of field is he in? Its difficult enough to get through the online application systems to a live HR person, I'm sure he's frustrated. I've worked for a lot of global companies that will sponsor & not even think twice (Philips, Warner Bros) because they have the perspective that they want the best person for the spot regardless of their status & will work through it. Other co's wont because they're either understaffed to handle the paperwork or have no idea how to tackle it in a timely manner. I do highly recommend a reputable US recruiting firm in his field who have corporate connections - as many as he can find & Linkedin.  Also - if he can search UK companies that need a US presence could be another way to find employment in his field. I hope this helps & sending lots of positive good luck your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 05:55:19 AM »
This forum is focused mainly on going the other direction, bringing US citizens to live with their spouse in the UK. The US requirements for spousal visas & work are a bit tricky and different than the UK's. (Unsure if you're both in the US or UK currently, and his visa status in the US which makes a huge impact on the suggestions we give).

Most jobs here require authorization to work, which in the most general sense means citizenship or a green card, or another work visa. Some companies will sponsor visas, but they often use intercompany transfers vs H1B due to the limited # of visas granted each year, so if his UK employer has a US office that could be a possibility.

If you give some more details on visa status and industry we might be able to give more help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »

What field of work is he in?  Very few jobs in the US require security clearances, so I think he's probably just looking in the wrong place.  Are you hoping he can obtain a work visa or will you marry and he will apply for the positions with the right to work?  A lot will depend on his career field.

Sponsored Links