Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Americans in Birmingham/solihull area  (Read 3774 times)

• Liked: 0
Any Americans in Birmingham/solihull area
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:34:32 PM »
Just moved here and I can't find any Americans! I miss you guys! Anyone living in the area that wants to meet up?

• Liked: 2
Re: Any Americans in Birmingham/solihull area
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »
Hiya! When did you arrive?
I live just north of Coventry- probably close to you depending on which part of the Birmingham area you are! I'm not entirely familiar with that part of the West Midlands besides Birmingham itself.

There's a handful of us who live in the West Midlands who connect on Facebook (search Americans in the Midlands- there is a football as the main picture). From time to time we try to meet as a group or sometimes individually. Birmingham is an easy place to meet.

Anyways, I'm LeAnne. I'm 28 and I've been here for 3 years with my husband and dog. She's
pretty awesome. He's pretty great too.
My first year here was hard. Even when I didn't want to admit it. But we are happy and settled now. Hope you are settling in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
I live in olton in solihull it's by Shirley and yardley you aren't that far from me! I just arrived dec 3rd it's so hard to make friends here as I can't work yet but we are actually getting married in Coventry the end of this month the registers office is beautiful there reminds me of midevil times ahaha I am 28 too and came here with my spoiled cat. I haven't come across any Americans since I've been here... I just sent a request to join the Facebook group

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
I'm not in Birmingham but it's only a short train ride away. I've been here nearly 3 years now and haven't had a chance to explore that way. Husband has Crohn's and isn't really up for a lot of travel at times and I get bored on the weekends.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:30:55 PM »
Oh I am always up for exploring and meeting a fellow American!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »
I'm not in Birmingham but it's only a short train ride away. I've been here nearly 3 years now and haven't had a chance to explore that way. Husband has Crohn's and isn't really up for a lot of travel at times and I get bored on the weekends.

Feel free to join the Facebook group too! It's been a while since we've met up, but when we do it is usually in Birmigham

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
I have the day off on Tuesday if you want to meet up? Birmingham or Coventry. I can put it out there to the group too

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 06:07:45 PM »
My wife and I are in Milton Keynes.  Go to Coventry every so often for work. 

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
Id love to meet up with you guys! And I am free Tuesday it's easy for me to take the train into Birmingham city center

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
Sounds good to me, I'll join the group. I can only do weekends as my job is Monday-Friday, I have to get up at 6am. Blech.

I've only been to the Birmingham station once and that was on accident last month. Got on the train from work going the right way, unfortunately it didn't stop at my station and went straight to Birmingham! Haha. So funny, and a bit embarrassing. I now know not to get on trains going to Reading...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
I'm in Birmingham! Got here at the end of August, so would be happy to show you around the parts I've learned over the past four months lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 111
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »
Sounds good to me, I'll join the group. I can only do weekends as my job is Monday-Friday, I have to get up at 6am. Blech.

I've only been to the Birmingham station once and that was on accident last month. Got on the train from work going the right way, unfortunately it didn't stop at my station and went straight to Birmingham! Haha. So funny, and a bit embarrassing. I now know not to get on trains going to Reading...

I lived in Reading but my in-laws live near Wigan. I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep on the train and made it to Carlisle. It's over 100 miles away. I had to do the "walk of shame" over the bridge and wait for another train south. Lol

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 11:15:31 PM »
I lived in Reading but my in-laws live near Wigan. I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep on the train and made it to Carlisle. It's over 100 miles away. I had to do the "walk of shame" over the bridge and wait for another train south. Lol

Haha. It's funny after the fact, but when you're in the middle of it it's so... annoying and frustrating! If I fell asleep I would end up Birmingham but not sure where the train goes after that! The train I catch is always for Birmingham New Street, but I don't know if it simply turns back around or not...

I got lucky there was a train going back my way 4 minutes later, but I had to get to the platform. One of the Crosscountry folks REALLY helped me out. I was freaking out a bit. It was during the whole christmas rush on a Friday night.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 12:35:13 AM »
Id love to meet up with you guys! And I am free Tuesday it's easy for me to take the train into Birmingham city center
Hey! Don't know if you saw in the group but a few of us are meeting at the Birmingham train station at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday) then heading for dinner and drinks if you (or anyone else on this thread) wants to join!

• Liked: 13
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
Hi all- just put in my request to join the group. I'm not in B'ham but close by in Leamington. Can try to make it to some events maybe... :)

Spouse Visa Granted: 20 January 2016 - Arrived in UK: 27 February 2016 - FLR(M) Granted: 12 November 2018 - LiTUK Test Passed: 6 March 2021 - ILR Application Submitted: 13 March 2021 - Biometrics: 10 April 2021 - ILR Approved 25 August 2021 - UK Citizenship Application Submitted: 20 September 2021 - Biometrics: 12 October 2021 - Email Invite to Citizenship Ceremony: 15 November 2021

Sponsored Links