Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trump and Russia  (Read 793 times)

• Liked: 533
Trump and Russia
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »
Strange things in the news this morning.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 68
Re: Trump and Russia
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »
It's really disgusting.

I am so worried for my country.

• Liked: 63
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
Well, the people have spoken....no, wait a minute, they didn't...the antiquated Electoral College has spoken...along with Fox News and RT, among others. A Witch Hunt now, but of course it was only due diligence when it was about Clinton emails.

Yep, I worry not only about my country of birth, but about the world.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

• Liked: 1893
Trump and Russia
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 11:42:25 AM »
The good news is that it's looking increasingly likely that Trump will only be President for a short time, if at all.   He's already shown that he has no concept of seperating his business interests from his role as President and that's a cut and dried impeachable offence.  While nothing in the tsunami of craziness during the election was significant enough to stop him, things are different as President.  He'll be impeached in a month and the morons who voted for him won't even defend him as it's becoming obvious that he has no intention of keeping any of his campaign promises.  The only good thing about his imbecilic promises are that they are so simple even his core voters can recognise when they have been broken.

I'm already worried about the Pence presidency headed our way.  I believe that's actually more dangerous than Trump in some ways.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:45:13 AM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 63
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »
I'm already worried about the Pence presidency headed our way.  I believe that's actually more dangerous than Trump in some ways.

that is my great fear as well....
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »
I don't believe he will be impeached. Impeachment would have to be a bipartisan effort, and the Republicans have no reason to want to get rid of him. While he's off making an a$$ of himself and dominating the media they can pass all the legislation they want. People only have so much outrage.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:51:33 AM »
Strange things in the news this morning.

“Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.”
–Thomas Jefferson

“It is a melancholy truth, that a suppression of the press could not more compleatly deprive the nation of its benefits, than is done by its abandoned prostitution to falsehood. Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle...

“Perhaps an editor might begin a reformation in some such way as this. Divide his paper into 4 chapters, heading the 1st, Truths. 2d, Probabilities. 3d, Possibilities. 4th, Lies."
–Thomas Jefferson

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
I don't believe he will be impeached. Impeachment would have to be a bipartisan effort, and the Republicans have no reason to want to get rid of him. While he's off making an a$$ of himself and dominating the media they can pass all the legislation they want. People only have so much outrage.

Did you see the press conference yesterday?  I only saw the bits that they showed at 10 on the news but it was jaw dropping.  The government can't function if the president is ranting about hookers and insulting the intelligence agencies.  People will find the necessary outrage when we all see the video.  Even if the golden shower hooker video doesn't exist, something similar will and it will all fall apart. 

The Republicans can deal with Pence.

Sponsored Links