Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: wheelie bin chase  (Read 753 times)

• Liked: 533
wheelie bin chase
« on: January 13, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »
Was ironing this morning and looked out and my wheelie bin was scuttling down the road like one of those evil Dr. Who robots.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
Re: wheelie bin chase
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 09:08:29 AM »
Lol!  I wish we had wheelie bins where I am.  Instead we are issued with blue bags from the council which they WILL NOT remove from a bin.  Which means all the foxes, cats, and birds have a feast Sunday night/Monday morning each week dragging trash out all over the street.  It's classy!  So glad I pay £250/month in council tax.   ::)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
I'm glad to have a wheelie bin, but my town has just recently moved to a new bin collection schedule whereby the bins are only emptied every THREE weeks!!  I've had to put a padlock on mine to ensure that it doesn't get filled up with other people's excess rubbish before I even have a chance to put my own stuff in!

And this morning, I couldn't get the padlock to open!  So I had to bung the bin bags into my car and go buy a can of WD-40.  Hopefully I can get the lock to open tonight...  :-\\\\

• Liked: 111
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
I'm glad to have a wheelie bin, but my town has just recently moved to a new bin collection schedule whereby the bins are only emptied every THREE weeks!!  I've had to put a padlock on mine to ensure that it doesn't get filled up with other people's excess rubbish before I even have a chance to put my own stuff in!

And this morning, I couldn't get the padlock to open!  So I had to bung the bin bags into my car and go buy a can of WD-40.  Hopefully I can get the lock to open tonight...  :-\\\\

THREE WEEKS?! That's crazy!

My in-laws visited at Christmas and told us that Wigan Council now have four different bins with a pretty complicated list of what goes in what bin and it's collection schedule. That's simply ridiculous. My FIL did say that he also had to put a lock on his bins to avoid his neighbors filling his bins with their trash since they are a couple. He's even said that a neighbor with three kids offered to pay him some money to put some trash in his bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:06 PM »
My driveway stretches a tenth of a mile. It’s a long trudge with a wheelie bin. I would be pleased to see it scuttling along – preferably in pursuit of the neighbour’s cat.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:16:00 AM »
We have watched our neighbours go out on bin day and see whoever has space in their bin for their rubbish.  Seemingly, this seems to be our bin they use alot, so now we wait until the bin man is right there to bring ours out.
 Because principles!! We don't want anyone using our bin!!    ;)

I've had to put a padlock on mine to ensure that it doesn't get filled up with other people's excess rubbish before I even have a chance to put my own stuff in!

This drove me crazy when I lived in a flat.  I'd go to put my bag out and my bin would be full.  A padlock isn't a bad shout! 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab