Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Somehow already have NHS #?  (Read 3360 times)

• Liked: 10
Re: Somehow already have NHS #?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
Wow!  It's like the NHS is stepping into technology.  Thanks for letting us know!

LOL ikr?? Thanks for all the help!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
Is there any chance now that paying the NHS surcharge leads to the creation of an NHS number for applicants who do not already have a number so that they can register with a GP right away?  would be awfully coordinated for immigration and healthcare...

I thought the same as you but only because I read about UKVI using banners on the NHS SPINE system to let NHS staff if that person must be billed or can use the NHS for free. Green banner on their record, then they can use if for free: red banner then they must be billed. I wondered how UKJVI would know their NHS number - now I know, they issue it :)

Thanks foir the update Asella. Does you BRP have your Natioanl Insurance number on the back? 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:31:05 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »
I thought the same as you but only because I read about UKVI using banners on the NHS SPINE system to let NHS staff if that person must be billed or can use the NHS for free. Green banner on their record, then they can use if for free: red banner then they must be billed. I wondered how UKJVI would know their NHS number - now I know, they issue it :)

Thanks foir the update Asella. Does you BRP have your Natioanl Insurance number on the back?

No, there's nothing of the sort on the back of my BRP.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
No, there's nothing of the sort on the back of my BRP.

Thanks. I just read this on the BRP page -

You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your BRP. Not all BRPs have this - it depends on factors like the date it was issued and your visa status.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits

I guess you will have to apply for one then.

If you’re moving to the UK

You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your biometric residence permit (BRP). You don’t need to apply for a National Insurance number if you already have one, or one is printed on your BRP.

If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you must apply. You can only apply for it once you’re in the UK. You must have the right to work or study in the UK to get a National Insurance number.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:49:32 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
Thanks. I just read this on the BRP page -

You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your BRP. Not all BRPs have this - it depends on factors like the date it was issued and your visa status.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits

I guess you will have to apply for one then.

You may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your biometric residence permit (BRP). You don’t need to apply for a National Insurance number if you already have one, or one is printed on your BRP.

If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you must apply. You can only apply for it once you’re in the UK. You must have the right to work or study in the UK to get a National Insurance number.

National Insurance Number is for working while the National Health Number is for healthcare.

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »
National Insurance Number is for working while the National Health Number is for healthcare.

Correct.

It looks there is a change over period where UKVI are now getting the BRP holders NINo and NHS unique numbers, if they don't already have them.

I assume the latter is for the NHS SPINE UKVI banner system, and the former is to make sure people are not issued with a NINo if they are not allowed to work i.e. some students are now not allowed to work?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:12:50 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
Correct.

It looks there is a change over period where UKVI are now getting the BRP holders NINo and NHS unique numbers, if they don't already have them.

I assume the latter is for the NHS SPINE UKVI banner system, and the former is to make sure people are not issued with a NINo if they are not allowed to work i.e. some students are now not allowed to work?

You still must apply for the NINo, but I'm guessing you get the NHS number on entry now.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
You still must apply for the NINo, but I'm guessing you get the NHS number on entry now.

But the guidance Sirius posted above was about NiNos - it says that your National Insurance number (NiNo) may be printed on your BRP card.

From above:

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 11:15:02 PM »
But the guidance Sirius posted above was about NiNos - it says that your National Insurance number (NiNo) may be printed on your BRP card.

From above:

Yes, sorry lol. I believe you only get a NiNo on the back of yours if you have a BRP for a tier visa or something like that. Those who have spousal visas do not get it on the back of their BRP from all that I've read. I have a spousal visa.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 12:59:15 PM »
Yes, sorry lol. I believe you only get a NiNo on the back of yours if you have a BRP for a tier visa or something like that. Those who have spousal visas do not get it on the back of their BRP from all that I've read. I have a spousal visa.

That would make sense. An immigraion officer said on another site that HMRC do regular sweeps for UKVI to make sure people are not in breach of their visa conditions for work. i.e. are paid at the same rate as their CoS, not working for another employer instead of the one that sponsored them, not self employed, not trying to work for two employers on a student visa and double the time they are allowed to work etc.

HMRC had a new system called Real Time brought in during the 13/14 tax year and that seems to have caught a few out, not only those on PBS visas but also those on income based welfare payments i.e. Tax Credits.

If a visa is curtailed, UKVI can trace where they are working through their NI and inform their employer that they have no right to work. Employer then terminates their employment. It will be interesting to see if they do bring this in for a spouse visa too, in case they lose their sponsor but try to stay on in the UK.

Anyway, UKVI arranging NHS numbers and NINos, is good new for those who don't intend to break the laws. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:05:49 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
That would make sense. An immigraion officer said on another site that HMRC do regular sweeps for UKVI to make sure people are not in breach of their visa conditions for work. i.e. are paid at the same rate as their CoS, not working for another employer instead of the one that sponsored them, not self employed, not trying to work for two employers on a student visa and double the time they are allowed to work etc.

HMRC had a new system called Real Time brought in during the 13/14 tax year and that seems to have caught a few out, not only those on PBS visas but also those on income based welfare payments i.e. Tax Credits.

If a visa is curtailed, UKVI can trace where they are working through their NI and inform their employer that they have no right to work. Employer then terminates their employment. It will be interesting to see if they do bring this in for a spouse visa too, in case they lose their sponsor but try to stay on in the UK.

Anyway, UKVI arranging NHS numbers and NINos, is good new for those who don't intend to break the laws. :)

Yes it is very good new hahaha :) Means they can start getting healthcare ASAP and it helps stop problems like the one I had where I was told I couldn't be a permanent patient until after 3 months.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab