Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lots of questions re: USC and Dual UKC/USC + kids  (Read 2024 times)

• Liked: 92
Lots of questions re: USC and Dual UKC/USC + kids
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:15:59 PM »
Oops...thought I posted this in visa section - not repatriation. Copied over tbere and will remove this one. Sorry!
------

Hello! I'm a US citizen married to Scottish Husband with 3 kids in USA. We've been married for 12 years, and about 4 years ago DH got US Citizenship. He has been offered a job in Scotland and I want to get a grip on what's ahead.

We have 3 US born children under 10--my understanding is that as Dad is U.K. Citizen, they are by birth, so I'm the only one that needs a (spousal) visa. Is this correct? Do the kids need U.K. Passports? They have US passports now.

The loose plan (he just got offer this morning so I'm flipping out and googling like crazy) would be for his job in U.K. To start in April, and the kids and I join in the summer. From reading Spousal visa posts, I'm learning I may be at the mercy of when the spousal visa comes in and is approved (like within 30 days...) Does this complicate things on how long I wait to apply? Is it £800 like I saw on the U.K. Govt site?

I have a million other questions - I know here are several relevant message boards too (we have two small dogs we'd want/need to bring...so unclear about their waiting period after shots etc) and also coming back to US....I think this will be a few years...probably not 5...and so gOing back to US should be fairly simple since we both/all have US citizenship and passports, correct?

Thanks in advance. This is so huge and complicated but could be the chance of a lifetime. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:22:16 PM by jessmed3 »
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022