Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VAF4 appendix 2: Question about savings?  (Read 546 times)

• Liked: 11
VAF4 appendix 2: Question about savings?
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

I've completed the VAF4 app.2 and am applying under category A for the financial requirements.
My husband's income exceeds the sponsor financial requirement.
My question is, do I need to include his /our current savings? Or can I just leave that portion blank? I have no money after all of these visa costs and have a low paying job. He makes decent money, as proven in his payslips and bank statements. Is this only necessary if we are using our savings to make the financial requirements?  Or should I put this information down anyway?
I don't want my application to be incomplete.
Thanks!!!
😃

• Liked: 6111
Re: VAF4 appendix 2: Question about savings?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:49 PM »
If you meet the requirement through your husband's earnings then there is no need to include details of any savings.

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »
No, if you meet the financial requirements under Category A or B (his income), then you do NOT fill out the cash savings section (Category D).

You should only fill out the Category D Cash Savings section if his income DOES NOT meet the requirements, and you are using savings to make up the difference, in which case, you need to have at least £16,000 + (2.5 x the difference between his income and £18,600) in savings, held in your account(s) in full for a minimum of 6 months... and you need to include 6 months of bank statements to prove it.

So, if his income meets the requirements under Category A, then you only fill out section 3A and leave the rest of section 3 blank.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:37:21 PM »
 Ok, i thought so, but was not sure! this portion was actually at the end of the app, after category F, but I didn't know if it was a part of category F or required! Rather confusing.
Thank you for clarifying!
My biometrics are in 2 days, and then I will be sending out my documents to Sheffield!!!!
Getting close!
So very, very thankful for UKY, and all of your advice and help thus far, I'm sure I will be consulting this site, and checking back, a LOT, so be prepared for all my silly paranoid inquires!
 Much love. xx 😍

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 10:13:17 PM »
Good luck with your application :).

Ok, i thought so, but was not sure! this portion was actually at the end of the app, after category F, but I didn't know if it was a part of category F or required! Rather confusing.

Do you mean part 3F of the financial requirement section (page 11, questions 3.74 to 3.77)? If so, that's the section for people applying under Category D: Cash Savings.

Otherwise, if you mean Part 4, question 4.11 (about any savings/shares/property your husband has), that section does not apply to you, so you leave it blank. Part 4 should only be filled out if you are exempt from meeting the financial requirement (i.e. if your husband receives certain UK benefits).

The sections you should be filling out are:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3A

You don't fill out Part 4 and you can leave Part 5 blank unless you need to use it to continue answers from previous questions or you have anything pressing you feel you need to mention.

The application form is confusing when it comes to the financial requirements:
- Part 3A is for categories A and B (sponsor living in UK)
- Part 3B is for categories A and B (sponsor returning from living overseas)
- Part 3C is for categories F and G (self-employment)
- Part 3D is for category C (non-employment income)
- Part 4E is for category E (pension income)
- Part 4F is for category D (cash savings)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab