Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Make copies of all documents?  (Read 300 times)

• Liked: 6
Make copies of all documents?
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:33:46 AM »
Is it necessary or do you think it's a good idea to make a separate pile of copies of all supporting documents to send in with originals for spousal visa?

Also. What it the best way to package the documents?  I hear they don't like staples and paperclips but I don't know if that's true.

Also what is best. A slim box or a padded envelope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Make copies of all documents?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 04:03:20 AM »
Is it necessary or do you think it's a good idea to make a separate pile of copies of all supporting documents to send in with originals for spousal visa?

Also. What it the best way to package the documents?  I hear they don't like staples and paperclips but I don't know if that's true.

Also what is best. A slim box or a padded envelope?

You should include copies of anything that you want returned.
It's also a good idea to make a copy of the whole package for yourself. You will find this really useful when the time comes for the next visa application.

Don't use staples or paperclips. They will only have to be removed. Organize your package in a logical order in two piles, originals and copies and use rubber bands or string to secure.

I don't suppose it matters much what you send it in. When I mailed ours, the UPS store provided one of those  plastic, non-padded envelopes.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:04:00 AM »
I put all of the documents in a single folder, with the most important on top and the least important (I guess...they all seem important) on the bottom.  Then I sent it in a padded envelope, which was provided when I sent it.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:05:49 AM »
Ok thank you!  I just want to make sure I get everything right. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab