Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Online application Question for spouse visa  (Read 400 times)

• Liked: 6
Online application Question for spouse visa
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »

Whats the difference between the questions... Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? and the question.....Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years? Obviously i had to make an application to get the visas.

I had a leave to remain and ILR back in 2007 -2012 from my first marriage. Obviously I had to make an application to get the visas. Do I put the same things in both those questions?  The question Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years? asks for a Home Office reference number I cant find any of my old paperwork so I dont have any reference numbers.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Online application Question for spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 11:29:03 PM »
Answer yes for both and for the reference number put unknown.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
Whats the difference between the questions... Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? and the question.....Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years? Obviously i had to make an application to get the visas.

The first question is asking if you have ever applied to remain in the UK.

The second question is if you have made any application for a visa either to enter the UK or to remain in the UK.
So, you answer yes to both - the first one being for your FLR(M) and/or ILR applications, the second for your initial visa to enter, plus your leave to remain application(s)

asks for a Home Office reference number I cant find any of my old paperwork so I dont have any reference numbers.

I believe you will only have reference numbers for visas issued inside the UK (FLR and/or ILR) - which should be printed on the letters that accompanied your visas when you got them.

If you don't know the reference number(s), then just leave it blank.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

They ask for the date of application.  I cant remember what date I applied for my Leave to Remain, my Leave to remain extension, and my ILR.  It is required that I put a date.  I know the years and month but not the day.  Should I estimate?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:45:14 PM »
Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

They ask for the date of application.  I cant remember what date I applied for my Leave to Remain, my Leave to remain extension, and my ILR.  It is required that I put a date.  I know the years and month but not the day.  Should I estimate?

Do you not have any paperwork at all from them? Did you keep copies of the application forms for your records? What about the letters of acknowledgement from UKVI?

I guess you could give your best estimate if you really don't know - then make a note on the printed form that it's an estimation of the day during that month.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:34 PM »
Do you not have any paperwork at all from them? Did you keep copies of the application forms for your records? What about the letters of acknowledgement from UKVI?

I guess you could give your best estimate if you really don't know - then make a note on the printed form that it's an estimation of the day during that month.

I have a letter when I got my extension which included my residence permit identity card.  the letter is dated 17 February 2009 but I dont have my card anymore so I dont know the exact date of issue. I just found the letter for the ILR so I have the date.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »
I have a letter when I got my extension which included my residence permit identity card.  the letter is dated 17 February 2009 but I dont have my card anymore so I dont know the exact date of issue. I just found the letter for the ILR so I have the date.

Okay, I'd go for 17 Feb 2009 for the FLR(M) then, and then the date from the ILR letter.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:04:48 AM »
Ok. Will do. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links