Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa Application Questions: Financial Requirement  (Read 676 times)

• Liked: 9
Spousal Visa Application Questions: Financial Requirement
« on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:38 AM »
I have combed through several spouse visa posts, but I don't think this question has been asked about the financial requirement for an initial spouse visa application. (Is the correct acronym "FLR(M)"?)

I posted a short introductory message in the Welcome area detailing the relationship between my partner and I, so I'll jump right into my specific questions:

My partner (Sam) works for Audi, and he started work on the 4th of January 2017. Because this is less than 6 months, we need to meet both financial requirements: £18,600 currently and £18,600 within the past 12 months.

Sam's "salary" is only £14,000 annually, but he will make much more income from commission (selling cars). If Audi provides a letter confirming that his on-target earnings will be £50,000 annually, will that suffice for part I? (I found that paragraph 5.5.8 on page 30 of the financial requirements does mention an OTE letter.) Has anyone had success using this method?

For Part II, we need to prove that he has made £18,600 within the last 6 months. Sam has earned this in the U.S. pre-tax. Do the pay stubs need to be accompanied by a letter from his previous employer verifying they are accurate? Finally, do we need to also provide stamped bank statements showing the funds in his bank account?

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:04:58 AM by jag239 »

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) Application Questiosn: Financial Requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:46:05 AM »
Hi,

I have combed through several spouse visa posts, but I don't think this question has been asked about the financial requirement for an initial spouse visa application. (Is the correct acronym "FLR(M)"?)

No, it's called the Spousal Visa :). And many people have asked this exact question about financial requirement for the initial spousal visa :).

FLR(M) is a different visa and can only be applied for from inside the UK - it's an extension visa for people already living in the UK, and as you have discovered, you can't switch to it from a visitor visa.

Spousal Visa = only issued outside the UK, valid 33 months, costs £1,195 + £600 NHS surcharge
FLR(M) Visa = only issued inside the UK, valid 30 months, costs £811 + £500 NHS surcharge.

If you can, you might want to edit your topic title to: 'Spousal Visa Application Questions: Financial Requirement', otherwise people might give you the wrong advice (since the application processes and documents required for a spousal visa and for FLR(M) are different)

Sam's "salary" is only £14,000 annually, but he will make much more income from commission (selling cars). If Audi provides a letter confirming that his on-target earnings will be £50,000 annually, will that suffice for part I? (I found that paragraph 5.5.8 on page 30 of the financial requirements does mention an OTE letter.) Has anyone had success using this method?

I believe this is okay, as long as Audi can guarantee in writing (and/or in his contract) that the commission will be paid EVERY year and that he will be paid at least £18,600 annually.

For Part II, we need to prove that he has made £18,600 within the last 6 months. Sam has earned this in the U.S. pre-tax. Do the pay stubs need to be accompanied by a letter from his previous employer verifying they are accurate? Finally, do we need to also provide stamped bank statements showing the funds in his bank account?

You need to prove he has made £18,600 within the last 12 MONTHS, not 6 months.

If the payslips are printed by him from online, then they need to be stamped or accompanied by a letter confirming authenticity. But, if they have been issued and printed by his company, then you don't need a letter or stamps.

You do need to send 12 full months of payslips, along with 12 full months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip. If the bank statements have been mailed to him, or printed by the bank, they do not need to be stamped. If they have been printed at home from online banking, they must be stamped on EVERY page.

So, what you will need to send is:

Category B:
Part I
- any and all payslips from his new job (either printed by Audi, or stamped/accompanied by a letter confirming authenticity)
- any and all bank statements showing the deposit of payslips from his new job (either printed by the bank/mailed, or stamped on each page/accompanied by a letter)
- his Audi job contract
- a letter from Audi stating:
(i) his employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of his employment;
(iii) the period over which he has been or was paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Part II
- 12 months of payslips showing a total earnings of £18,600 (before tax) (again, either original or stamped/accompanied by a letter)
- 12 months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip (again, either original or stamped/accompanied by a letter)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:50:30 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 9
Re: Spousal Visa Application Questions: Financial Requirement
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 08:12:44 AM »
Thanks, ksand24! (I revised the subject per your recommendation.)

Great: thank you for the very clear outline of things we need from Audi.

Category B:
Part I
- any and all payslips from his new job (either printed by Audi, or stamped/accompanied by a letter confirming authenticity)
- any and all bank statements showing the deposit of payslips from his new job (either printed by the bank/mailed, or stamped on each page/accompanied by a letter)
- his Audi job contract
- a letter from Audi stating:
(i) his employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of his employment;
(iii) the period over which he has been or was paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Since Sam has only been employed for 3 weeks, he has not been paid yet. Therefore, we don't have any pay stubs or bank statements to provide for his current job. Will that be OK?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Spousal Visa Application Questions: Financial Requirement
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:51:35 AM »
Yes, that's okay that he hasn't been paid yet.

Just make sure employers outlines very clearly what his full income is.  If they use £14,000, the visa will not be successful

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab