Author Topic: Marriage breakdown  (Read 524 times)

Online KFdancer

• Liked: 574
Re: Marriage breakdown
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
I'm very sorry Fred!  I hope you can have a swift clean break sand start to heal.

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 28
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:57 AM »
So sorry that this is all happening to you Fred :( Did they say if you could do anything about her draining your bank account?!

Offline Fred

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 11:52:04 AM »
Since I started this post towards the end of January things have now progressed.

I didn't receive the form saying that she had got the divorce petition papers and she was refusing to communicate with me on any level.
I called the police and got their advice regarding the car. To cut a long story short... I sent her an email stating that I wanted the car back or the police would be involved and she sent one back saying I could go and collect it.... Good news.
I had to apply to the court to have duplicate papers sent out to a process server who was going to the address I had to make sure she indeed got them. Two days before they were going to try and serve her I got the form in the post saying that she had received them and the divorce can now go ahead.

It's been a long horrible and expensive journey for me and it didn't work out. I feel a huge sense of loss and failure. I'm still grieving for what could have been, but as the weeks and months progress it does get a little better.

My advice to anyone embarking on getting married and moving here on a Spousal Visa is to come over on an extended holiday visa... (you can stay for 6 months) and see if you actually can live here. It's a different world to thinking you will and being here.

If anyone needs advice on what to do for a DIY Divorce I'm now unfortunately pretty much an expert.

There'll be one more post after this one when the Decree Absolute comes through and I can finally say it's done.

Offline anais97

• Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:12:51 PM »
Just to say that I'm sorry for your heartache, Fred. Whether international or not, divorce can be exceptionally distressing. But things do brighten. Best to you in future.

Offline Fred

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: Today at 08:37:40 PM »
Thank you so much Anais.. From your lips to Gods ears!!!

She came to my house today and got the last of her things.( She brought the police.. what stories has she told... dear God in heaven)
 I feel as though I've just been to a funeral and the person we were saying goodbye to was me.
I guess as I'm the voice of what can go wrong when you don't truly know the other person but put your trust and soul on the line.

Sorry to everyone that has the future to look forward to.