Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Payslips: sick pay deducted but not shown  (Read 553 times)

• Liked: 537
Payslips: sick pay deducted but not shown
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
I'm getting close to the end of my rope here.

This employer is absolute and utter sh*t.

I have worked for this company for 3.5 months and the last 3 full months are for entirely different amounts!!!!

Wtf? I had 2 full days and 2 hours missed in November.

And two full days missed this month.

My payslips have a difference of over £100 with me earning more in November!

What in God's green earth is going on?

Are they required to show that they have deducted hours from my salary for sick leave?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Payslips: sick pay deducted but not shown
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:55:52 AM »
I have found when I have changed jobs it takes a couple of months for things to settle.  Mainly due to getting the tax code right.

If you look at your payslips, they *should* tell you what deductions have been taken and for what amount though.  It would be pretty easy to compare each payslips.  Sounds like they are leaving a lot of information off the payslips?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:45:21 PM »
They don't show any deductions just salary. And its been 3 differwnt amounts. It makes no sense at all.

They do owe me money. 😥

But I won't see it til next month. So obnoxious.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »
Ugh, that's awful.

• Liked: 36
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »
Hi Lyonaria,

It's been a while since I've had full time pay slips etc so bear with me..

Take a good look at your payslip and the payments and deductions and make a note of them. Look up online what each aspect means, and I mean that in case you have deductions for a pension for instance. Also look at your contract of employment as I don't believe they should be able to deduct pay if you've missed days due to being sick. If the contract does indeed state they can, then that's probably why you've got different amounts. Similarly, if you've worked extra hours, the contract will say if they pay for that which could be a reason as to why.

Do check the Tax Code as well, keep in mind HR and Finance departments in many companies are just a person sifting through everything and mistakes often happen. Another good thing to do but 'seldom' done by the masses in the UK, is to buy a personal taxation software solution and complete it for your own situation. At the end of the year, when you submit it, it may well be that due to mistakes by the employer in your pay, you could get a tax refund.

Overall though, the situation of pay being all over the place is extremely common over every employment sector and business size. As an example, there's a company that's the largest employer within that sector in Europe - the UK has around 23 locations and recently, almost 'everyone' has had their pay completely and totally messed up for 2-3 months now. I'm talking BIG errors, like overtime payments for a month not paid meaning some employees are missing £1000+ from their pay packets!

Hopefully, you'll be ok with your employer soon, but do keep in mind the above aspects so you can hopefully get the money you are owed/not pay too much tax etc etc.

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

Sponsored Links