Author Topic: CDs and DVDs... customs question  (Read 171 times)

Offline AngelaKT

• Liked: 7
CDs and DVDs... customs question
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:13:50 PM »
I can't remember where I read it now, but while I was preparing for packing and shipping my things (using UpakWeShip), I read something about "pirated material" such as copied DVDs and CDs, that you could get in a lot of trouble for bringing them over? Is this true? I have some CDs that a friend burned for me from her collection and I don't want to get in trouble for having them in my stuff.

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 26
Re: CDs and DVDs... customs question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
I know you asked this a few weeks back but seeing as nobody answered, I thought I'd chime in. I took all my cds with me - including LOTS of burned copies. A lot of them were older classic stuff like The Beatles etc. that my dad had ad I just burned copies of them instead of buying them myself. I took them in big cd binder things and nobody said a word to me. That was 3 1/2-ish years ago now so not sure if maybe some rules have changed (I might have even put them in my carry on as they were heavier and I wanted to avoid putting all the weight in my bags where I could help it and I don't recall anybody even really going through them individually to know.