Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Homeland Securit to enforce Donald Trump's travel bans, despite court order  (Read 1106 times)

• Liked: 533
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 68
There are no words to describe how disgusted I feel about all of this.

I couldn't sleep last night, devastated for families suddenly torn apart from their loved ones, even ones who were green card holders suddenly not allowed back to what they know as home.

And yet out of all the Muslim dominant countries, the ones where Trump's businesses lie aren't part of the ban. Surprise, surprise...

• Liked: 957
I've been sick from the stress of this. I really can't believe the dark path he's been allowed to send our country down in just a week on the job. He needs to be impeached, yesterday. When they speak to the media they are calling this an "inconvenience" to travelers, as if being unable to return home is just a mild change in plans because they had the misfortune to be out of the country/approved for entry when it was enacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by moderator to remove language.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:10:14 PM by TravelingFrog »

• Liked: 1260

I couldn't sleep last night, devastated for families suddenly torn apart from their loved ones, even ones who were green card holders suddenly not allowed back to what they know as home.

And yet out of all the Muslim dominant countries, the ones where Trump's businesses lie aren't part of the ban. Surprise, surprise...

This literally sums up exactly how I've been feeling. I tossed and turned all night. I felt sick to my stomach and angry and sad. I can't even put it into words.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60

I have plenty of words, but the FCC doesn't like them. My normal construction site verbal abuse is insufficient. I'm going to pick up swearing at and insulting that . . . . person . . . . and his ilk in Farsi and Urdu.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:49:44 PM by sillybadger »
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Liked: 1891
Count me in as being sad and angry that this craziness is happening. 
The good news is that people aren't taking it!  There's massive protests everywhere.  There's even a call to stop Trump from visiting here until he rolls back that order.  I'm proud of Americans for standing up and saying no.

The UN has also ruled that it violates international law. The Trump camp wants two weeks to respond to the injunctions in the US, I'm hoping the other international tribunals will give him less time since DHS is still not following court orders. I also want to know how they will make this right for everyone who has been trapped overseas on other visitor and resident visas.

• Liked: 1891
Here's the latest:

Judge Stays Trump Refugee Ban Amid Protests And Confusion Nationwide
http://one.npr.org/i/512268651:512268652

Be warned, it's pretty disgusting.

Here's the latest:

Judge Stays Trump Refugee Ban Amid Protests And Confusion Nationwide
http://one.npr.org/i/512268651:512268652

Be warned, it's pretty disgusting.

This is a coup. Why are all of these agents not being held in contempt of court?

• Liked: 674
Putin must be laughing his a** off.

• Liked: 1260
...And now the judge has been fired....  >:(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
And tRump's fired attn general Yates, gutted the NSC and Joint Chiefs of Staff, and handed a rancid nazi with no experience of governance (just for the record, I can show that's not a Godwin) even more power. If I spit on the ground any more Imma get dehydrated.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/29/512295108/with-national-security-council-shakeup-steve-bannon-gets-a-seat-at-the-table

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/opinions/david-axelrod-i-woke-up-this-morning-as-an-alternative-fact/index.html
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab