Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Unable to sleep  (Read 1295 times)

• Liked: 1260
Unable to sleep
« on: January 29, 2017, 09:53:30 PM »
I honestly don't even know where to begin but last night I had the WORST time trying to sleep with all this "banning muslims" crap back at home that was happening. I quite literally was losing sleep over it because I just was so angry and upset that this was even happening. I honestly don't want to start a political debate or anything, but is it just me or is anybody else letting this affect them on that level as well? I don't even want to put it on my Facebook or anything because I don't want to even deal with whatever outbursts it might cause. Guess I just want to know if anybody else has been on that rollercoaster of emotions as of late as well? I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm American...I want to pretend I'm Canadian or something... I don't know whether or yell or cry.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 223
Re: Unable to sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:17:27 PM »
You're not alone. I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same. I know I do.

You can join the rollercoaster over on the News branch:
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=89558.0
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:48 PM »
You're not alone. I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same. I know I do.

You can join the rollercoaster over on the News branch:
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=89558.0

Thank you for sharing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »
Well, I find a bit of solace in that presently Constitutions are working. Not that they aren't imperfect, and probably need tweaking....

But as long as there are mechanisms (elections, courts, freedoms of expression) then there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If Trump is messing around with these, which will become apparent as time moves on, then things could get scary.

Broadly speaking though, it is frightening to me that we see how huge parts of humanity can rise to such ancient and obvious bait - and harden their hearts so easily.

I think at this level - the public -  there is a tremendous struggle now between love and hope, and fear and hate.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab