Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: hello  (Read 740 times)

• Liked: 0
hello
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:34:07 AM »
I live in the U.K for almost 5years now,and on my way to process my INDEFINITE status.
i already booked my appointment last january but just yesterday I received an email saying that they are from the Home Office and it's reminding me that my visa is almost expiring. Sinced,they are asking me if I already have an appointment, I just straight away responce and give the ref# to them.
I realised just now because they said that they will email me for confirmation. I checked the email who sent it to me and found out that it's not from the government. Is it posible that I was a victim of a fraudster?
Thank u for ur attention. :(  :(

• Liked: 3595
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
Unfortunately, it does sound like you were a victim of a fraudster.

UKVI will never email you about your visa status - it's up to you to work out when your visa expires and to apply for the next visa in time. They have more important things to do than to contact people when their visas are close to expiring.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
Thank u so much for the helpfull information. I was wondering what they can get sinced they ask for anybank accounts. :(

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
I mean they didn't ask for bank accounts.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
I would guess that in a while the scammers will send another email, with your reference number, asking for a payment to continue processing.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
What was the name of the company?  You could Google it to find out if for sure if it's a scam and what to look out for. 

I would be very careful about transferring money to anyone in the future.  If you need to pay a large amount to someone by bank transfer, send a small amount first and then call the actual person and confirm it went through.   Lots of people have been tricked into sending money to the wrong account by scammers.

I would change my email password and turn on two factor authentication so a new device can't be used to login to your account without you responding to a text message.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:31 PM »
@goover...thank u so much,,i willbe more vigilant on my next move.

@jimbrocs,they said they are from the home office. I hope everything will be in control as i am so worried right now.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 10:22:57 PM »
Here's the government's tips regarding fraud:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/frauds-tricks-and-scams/fraud-tricks-and-scams

It gives instructions for how to report fraud, and you may want to do so in case others are being taken by the same scammers. There will be information in the original e-mail about the IP & domain it was sent from that may be useful to them, and at the very least it will allow them to be on alert for e-mail fraud.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 01:19:57 AM »
Thank u so much for this information.  It was such a great help, surely will report this to the fraud section.   :(

Sponsored Links