Author Topic: So effing screwed  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Michali

• Liked: 26
Re: So effing screwed
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »
its okay in similar situation with jobs and like i said also maybe i am not supposed to be here..i know of two others that just packed up and left  1 week ago back to Miami.. damn wish i could go to miami..instead..i find people like me have a gun to our head sometimes Lyonaria.say as i do or leave..okay leaving..

I feel sad to hear this, Eddyj! You fought so hard to come here! Is it possible that you need more time to settle in? Sometimes, it takes many months to a year to feel 'at home' anywhere. I understand the difficulty in finding work can be very disheartening but I found the first time I came back, it took me months to get anything and then it was such a crappy salary we had to leave again after about a year and a half! I do hope your time away sorting out your affairs will help you decide where you want to be and I certainly wish you well.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016 (yeah!)

Offline jimbocz

• Liked: 476
Re: So effing screwed
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
Hey Eddy , I saw an advertisement for a massive jobs fair and thought about you.  Keep an eye on the Metro newspaper or Google it.  Might be s good way for you to talk to some hiring people face to face.