Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wedding Registry! Does anyone know of a site where US friends and UK friends...  (Read 5121 times)

• Liked: 49
Does anyone know a registry that will easily allow our friends in the US and the UK log on and send gifts without costing a fortune in shipping? I was thinking Amazon might offer something like this. Any experiences?

Thanks for the info! x

• Liked: 6110
Yeah, it looks like Amazon does this.
There is a "your lists" icon next to your basket. Has wedding list in there.  :)

Just tell your US people to order from the .co.uk site then there will be no customs dues to pay either.  :)

• Liked: 537
You can literally set up a wedding registry on amazon.co.uk. You can even include items not listed on Amazon on it. It's really cool. We (my husband and I) set one up back in 2014 when we got married. You can even specify if you want more than one something.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 768
Definitely Amazon UK. I've got mine set up through there.  And since Amazon US and Amazon UK are separate, they can sign up for a free Prime 30 day trial to get the free shipping even if they have Prime in the US.

Also, Amazon US gift cards do not work on the Amazon UK site.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
Just want to also say "Amazon"! My best friend in the US is getting married and did her registry via Amazon and it was so quick and easy!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 154
Amazon is the way to go my mom has prime and it lets her use it for the u.s. site and U.K. We used it for our registry and I just had it all sent to my husbands house before I moved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazon is the way to go my mom has prime and it lets her use it for the u.s. site and U.K. We used it for our registry and I just had it all sent to my husbands house before I moved.

Oh man! How does she get it to work for both?! Does she have two accounts?! We can only get it to work for our UK account :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 154
Oh man! How does she get it to work for both?! Does she have two accounts?! We can only get it to work for our UK account :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, but somehow it works! It's just the one email, I've used it before and it slowed me. I'll ask her and see if she did anything different

Yeah definitely keep me posted! If there's something I can do to make Prime work with the US Amazon as well, this will make things INFINITELY more easier during the holidays! :D
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab