Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anybody know any "gaming" groups?  (Read 3926 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Anybody know any "gaming" groups?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:43 PM »
OMG. Of course! I think to look on eBay for some things, but not always! Man, I miss Craigslist too (especially since we're moving next month!)

Have you tried Freecycle?? Or even just Facebook local "car boot sales" in you're on there?? We've found soooo many bargains on the car boot pages (even when we weren't looking! haha) and ebay and freecycle - especially since moving to our new house which is bigger than our maisonette so we needed more.

other option is Gumtree (but I find it's a lot sketchier...)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »
I think that depends where you live.

If you search on meetup for board games you should be able to find one near you. I know London has several the biggest being London On Board.

Ebay is a good option. But depending on the game you could buy/trade on Board Game Geek with other board gamers. I got a few games that I missed the kickstarter for that way, and my husband has sold a few games that way.

King of Tokyo is amazing. Have you tried the other version, King of New York? It actually plays very differently. Good choice with Dominion. Though I prefer Dominion Intrigue myself.

If you like Munchkin you might like Epic Death (adventurers trying to beat easy quests to get gear and then die in an epic quest), Red Dragon Inn (3 is the best, the only difference between 1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 is that they have different characters to play as) or possibly tiny epic kingdoms.
Engaged November 5, 2010
Submitted fiancee visa June 1, 2011
Fiancee Visa Approved June 16, 2011
Arrived in UK September 2, 2011
Married October 8, 2011 :D <3
FLR (m): December 2, 2011
ILR: 5th November 2013

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
Yeah I'm no too far from London but I definitely don't think I could be bothered to take a train to London to play games :( as train tickets are expensive 

I did manage to find two near me and my husband on meetup and we joined those groups but they are definitely more strongly D&D type gaming (which is cool, as I've never played D&D but would give it a go - but I can't imagine how others would feel having to deal with two completely new people to that type of game. I imagine it's not something that is easily explained). Luckily we've managed to get some friends into some of our games so hopefully we will have more regular game nights around ours.

Good shout on Board Game Geek. I had been on that website before to look up certain things but I didn't actually know you could buy/trade on there (guess the thought to check never crossed my mind!)

I've not played King of New York but, funnily enough, husband suggested buying that as opposed to KoT because our friend is the one who owns KoT and my husband saw the game play of NY is a bit different so thought it would be a cool way to change things up and it doesn't cost that much more. Haven't ordered it yet because we were waiting to see how it went down with our other friends (and it seemed to go down quite well).

Not heard or those other games but will have to check them out, thanks!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab