Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Food Refrigeration!  (Read 1433 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Food Refrigeration!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »
For as long as I've lived in the U.K., my Christmas turkey has lived in the garage overnight, as my fridge is too full to fit it.  Plenty cold in there to be safe!  I did consider trying the slow and low all night cooking method this year, but couldn't find the motivation.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 12:16:50 PM »
Son of Sailor is sniffing glue again.

The glue of knowledge, truth and love. It binds us.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
Oh man, I'm gonna cry! 

• Liked: 6
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
VeryStormy, That's a great post!  I was born before that in 1966 and that still sounds like Little House on the Prarie.

The Turkey is no big deal since outside is probably just as cold as the fridge in winter.  I bet the brined turkey is good though.  Is it salty?

I liked the description of the weekly bath as well.

Nope, the juices that come out are salty, so you cant use them for gravy, but the meat isn't and it stays moist. I use this recipe. https://www.nigella.com/recipes/spiced-and-superjuicy-roast-turkey

Wasn't really little house on the prairie, just that we were in a poor town in the north east. Though we were actually fairly well off compared to many - we had the first car in the area, which dad bought in 1977. It has helped me growing up as I have never been very materialistic as a result. To the extent that in March last year we lost everything and found ourselves landing in Heathrow with a suitcase each - mainly full of things for the dog such as his bed and nothing else. But, it didn't bother us. In fact we had my laughs about it, such as in the first few days my wife made some soup for lunch and we rolled with laughter when we realized we didn't own a spoon to eat it with. Still don't have very much and we often don't have any money, but we are happy. Entertainment is going out walking or foraging for wild food, something we love and obviously helps with the food bill. I am very lucky that I have a wonderful wife who is the same as me - ultra low maintenance to the extent that her total spending on herself last month was £5.99 on a bottle of wine. Today she will go to town to pick up a prescription for me and even though its snowing, she will walk the 3 miles

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
I recognise my wife in that description as well.  I'm so lucky that she's not materialistic and interested in shopping and keeping up with the neighbours.   

It's hard to teach your kids that attitude.  One of my kids is happy with whatever comes his way, the other is never satisfied.  Always more, more, more.  I try to explain to her that she is headed for a life of dis satisfaction , but she just doesn't think that way.

Sponsored Links