Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally getting around to citizenship...unclear on two points  (Read 530 times)

• Liked: 2
Finally getting around to citizenship...unclear on two points
« on: February 08, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
I've been meaning to apply for citizenship every year since I became eligible, and I've put it off...and watched the fee go up every Spring. This year for sure!

But...I've just realized my passport will expire in the next couple of months. Can I apply with an expired passport? If I apply for a new one, we're likely to see another fee hike before I'm finished, and the old one has the important stamps, anyway.

Also, I had biometrics done for my fiancee visa in 2008, but I don't think I got a biometric ID as a result. Is that something I'm supposed to have? Can I just go to the Post Office and have it done again?

Thanks for any help. No way I'd have made it this far without all the helpful folks at UK-Yankee!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Finally getting around to citizenship...unclear on two points
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »
You'll have biometrics done as part of the citizenship application.  It's likely your ILR is a sticker in your passport, which means you wouldn't have a BRP.

I'd recommend applying with the Nationality Checking Service.  They'll check everything for a reasonable fee (£90ish), make copies, and most importantly you keep your passport.  That will solve the expiration issue.   :)

• Liked: 2
Re: Finally getting around to citizenship...unclear on two points
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 11:29:08 PM »
Yes, I was going to ask about the Nationality Checking Service, but I thought two questions at a time was enough. Thanks for the response.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab