Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When do you need a BRP card?  (Read 453 times)

• Liked: 6
When do you need a BRP card?
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
I've been asked for a copy of my BRP card for an application. I wasn't even aware of what this card was. I used to be on a tier II work visa for the UK. I recently came back to the US.

I asked all my fellow people with tier II work visas and nobody has a BRP card or even knew what one was. These are people that still work there too (since 2014/15).

Were we all supposed to get one of these? I thought my passport was enough.

• Liked: 3595
When do you need a BRP card?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
A BRP card is a visa.

Until May 2015 BRP cards were only issued if you applied for a visa from inside the U.K. Instead of a sticker in the passport, it was issued as a plastic BRP card. Since May 2015, visas applied for outside the U.K. have been issued as a 30-day entry sticker in the passport and then you pick up the actual visa (BRP card) from a Post Office after you arrive.

Since you applied for your visa outside the U.K. before May 2015, you won't have a BRP card - instead your visa is the sticker in your passport.... so if people ask for your BRP, you just show them the Tier 2 visa in your passport and explain it was issued as a sticker, not a BRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:24:33 PM by ksand24 »

Re: When do you need a BRP card?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:26:11 PM »
If you apply for a new visa it will be issued as a 30-day sticker for entry into the UK and a BRP which you pick up within 10 days of arriving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:49:08 PM »
I've been asked for a copy of my BRP card for an application.

Why would someone ask you for that?

so if people ask for your BRP, you just show them the Tier 2 visa in your passport and explain it was issued as a sticker, not a BRP.

According to previous posts, the visa was curtailed.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »
Why would someone ask you for that?

According to previous posts, the visa was curtailed.

Ah, yes - I remember now.

I'm assuming you are applying for new UK jobs? What happened with your Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application?

I'm guessing that if the applications are asking for BRP cards, they are asking for proof of right to work in the UK (i.e. evidence of a valid visa)... but if your Tier 2 visa has been curtailed and you don't currently have a valid visa, then you do not currently have the right to work in the UK, which means you'll need new Tier 2 sponsorship in order to get another UK job (and you would get a BRP once you got that visa and were back in the UK).

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:22 PM »
Ah, yes - I remember now.

I'm assuming you are applying for new UK jobs?

That's what I am concerned about as there is a 12 month cooling off period outside the UK before he can apply for a new Tier 2 visa as he has left the UK.

What happened with your Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application?

I hope the BRP is something to do with that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:19:09 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 6
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
Timezone differences make me asking questions to my visa people kind of awkward. They confirmed that I don't need it and they just accidentally asked it when it didn't apply (I guess they have a set of standard questions and requirements).

I'm still going for the Tier 1 visa. It'll happen early March I think.

Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
Timezone differences make me asking questions to my visa people kind of awkward. They confirmed that I don't need it and they just accidentally asked it when it didn't apply (I guess they have a set of standard questions and requirements).

I'm still going for the Tier 1 visa. It'll happen early March I think.

Thanks.

Ah, okay - well, if/when you get your Tier 1 visa, it will be issued as a BRP card which you will need to pick up from a designated UK Post Office after you have entered the UK.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »
Make sure your read the requirements yourself and that you check the right documents are given. The number of people getting refused for this visa or worse, getting refused an extension, because they paid someone else to do their application for them, is just getting silly. It's your immigration history.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:42:48 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab