Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Super easy peanut butter cookies!  (Read 4923 times)

• Liked: 111
Re: Super easy peanut butter cookies!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
To be fair to the Hubster, he didn't start off hating cinnamon. His first time eating a cinnamon-flavored Hot Tamale was a revelation to him and he loved it. Three months after I moved to Reading, my best friend came to visit and brought the Hubs two (1lb) bags of Hot Tamales. He ate both bags in a weekend. He got stomach upset and prayed to the "Ceramic God " over and over. Since that day, the smell of cinnamon reminds him of that day! As for the relatives, they say it's overwhelming. Whatevs, more for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:49 AM »
To be fair to the Hubster, he didn't start off hating cinnamon. His first time eating a cinnamon-flavored Hot Tamale was a revelation to him and he loved it. Three months after I moved to Reading, my best friend came to visit and brought the Hubs two (1lb) bags of Hot Tamales. He ate both bags in a weekend. He got stomach upset and prayed to the "Ceramic God " over and over. Since that day, the smell of cinnamon reminds him of that day!

I can't handle the fake cinnamon flavor very well thanks to some similar experiences after Fireball whiskey ;) (peach flavored drinks as well, from a separate schnapps incident just after starting to drink)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2017, 09:09:07 AM »
I am not a fan of Cinnamon but the smell of it doesn't make me ill. When I kissed my wife for the first time, she was chewing big red cinnamon gum. My reaction was, shall we say, memorable.  :P I think that might have been my first time tasting cinnamon too.

My first ever experience over here in the states of 'Fall Fever' was perplexing to me. The obsession with Pumpkin and Cinnamon was definitely new to me and I'm not really a fan of either. Growing up in the UK, those two flavours weren't around in the candy that I was eating at all, and believe me, I ate a lot of it!  ;)  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

But what about it did you not like? (I feel like I'm doing market research now haha). Did you (be honest) automatically say you didn't like it BEFORE you actually tried it?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 57
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »
I think real cinnamon and "fake" cinnamon (hot tamales, big red, etc) are totally different flavors, but I love them both. It's like grapes and "grape flavor" have nothing to do with each other.

However, I never heard of anyone not liking cinnamon until I moved here and it definitely seems to be a thing here.
Met at Disneyland Paris: spring 1995
Dated long distance: off & on 2008-2014
Our twin boys were born: Sep 2009
Engaged: Oct 10 2014
Married: December 5 2014
Online Application & paid PRIORITY Submitted: Dec 22 2014
Visa Received: Jan 14 2015
Arrived in the UK: Feb 28 2015
FLR(M) application mailed: Sep 12 2017
FLR(M) approved: Oct 27
SET(M) application submitted: Feb 4 2020 (super priority)
SET(M) appointment: Mar 9
SET(M) approved: Mar 10
Naturalisation app submitted: Jun 19
No biometrics needed email: July 23

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2017, 01:38:53 PM »
I think real cinnamon and "fake" cinnamon (hot tamales, big red, etc) are totally different flavors, but I love them both. It's like grapes and "grape flavor" have nothing to do with each other.

Completely agree!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links